This discussion is closed.
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by SaeedRehman)
no, but i spoke to someone, and do not worry everything is fine. they just waited for all the applicants to apply by the deadline. now that they have, offers and rejections should be undergoing. last year just at the uni of nottingham, 10% of all ucas applicants applied. approximate 500,000 ucas applicants a year.
Wot about for law? How long are we gonna have to wait before any news?
SaeedRehman
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
latest is march, but interviews etc for shortlisted candidates in february.

like lse, ucl and kings they dont make offers till until march as well.

all these unis are very demanding, everybody can get three a's. hence everyone applies, its particular things they like about people that gets you offers these days.
*dave*
Rep:
?
Anyone got one yet?
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
Anyone got one yet?
I think I'm going to try and forget about it (yeah right!) until March seeing as the rest of my Uni's won't give decisions until then..

Man, I knew Law was competitive.. but I didn't realise it was this bad!
*dave*
Rep:
?
Has anyone heard anything?
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Has anyone heard anything?
My friend has just told me that he has been rejected from nottingham today and he sent his form off on october the 20 something so if you sent it before then, then my guess is you've been whittled down to the last 1000 like me, well done!!!
*dave*
Rep:
?
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
My friend has just told me that he has been rejected from nottingham today and he sent his form off on october the 20 something so if you sent it before then, then my guess is you've been whittled down to the last 1000 like me, well done!!!
Yup...got a test

Last 800 dont you mean?
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yup...got a test

Last 800 dont you mean?
Ok, only 800 then I got a test offer through today too, doesn't give much away about anything, not even the format.
*dave*
Rep:
?
Ok, only 800 then I got a test offer through today too, doesn't give much away about anything, not even the format.
I know

I reckon it will be like the Cambridge one that I so disasterously messed up. Not much hope for me then!

Im just hoping that people wont go and Ill be the only one there lol.
HereFishyFishy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey . I got a letter through the post today aswell: test.

ok, so i'm nervous now. Up to 800 people are going for this test and there are only 80 places to give!

Does anybody know anything about this test? I get the awful feeling i'm not going to do myself justice as i hate to be unprepared for anything.

Also, has anybody had outright offers or rejections over the past few days?

I'm still to hear from LSE, Warrick and Durham and i'm starting to get to the severe pananoia/jittery stage!
*dave*
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laces)
hey . I got a letter through the post today aswell: test.

ok, so i'm nervous now. Up to 800 people are going for this test and there are only 80 places to give!

Does anybody know anything about this test? I get the awful feeling i'm not going to do myself justice as i hate to be unprepared for anything.

Also, has anybody had outright offers or rejections over the past few days?

I'm still to hear from LSE, Warrick and Durham and i'm starting to get to the severe pananoia/jittery stage!
Erm, I reckon it will be like the cambridge test I had, which was basically discussing current affairs and then discussing liability in a made up case study. I dont like them ... id much rather have an interview.

A few people have got rejected and accepted recently. I think they left the 'test' people til last. The fact that I am one of 800 makes me feel special and unique :rolleyes:
markh86
Report 16 years ago
I got mine today and have got the test

800!! wow! and only 80 places?

will all 800 be on the 2 days?

is it just 1 question?

I don't think i will get A A A

I did crap in this week's exams, I'll probably be firmly on ABB

I would much rather an interview too... my handwriting is real bad..that's a disability, does that mean I don't have to do the test?
*dave*
Rep:
?
(Original post by markh86)
I got mine today and have got the test

800!! wow! and only 80 places?

will all 800 be on the 2 days?

is it just 1 question?

I don't think i will get A A A

I did crap in this week's exams, I'll probably be firmly on ABB

I would much rather an interview too... my handwriting is real bad..that's a disability, does that mean I don't have to do the test?
lol

Apparently the offers are AAB and not AAA as the rumours were saying.

Im p!ssed off tho cos I know that if I work hard I can get AAB and Im 95% sure that if I got an offer I could make it. Its just getting that damn offer in the first place!!!
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol

Apparently the offers are AAB and not AAA as the rumours were saying.

Im p!ssed off tho cos I know that if I work hard I can get AAB and Im 95% sure that if I got an offer I could make it. Its just getting that damn offer in the first place!!!
What sort of test is it? Essay writing??? I've got faith in my general knowledge abilities in short questions but im not a big fan of essays myself. Congratulations on the offer from warwick MarkH, i am still bitter after my rejection!!!
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pugnacious)
i know sum1 who got 10 A stars who got an offer of AAB from notts for law
Thank God I'm an international applicant.
I got BAD GCSE grades. NO A-stars even coz' I was a wild child. But I sorted out my life and got 6As at AS.

Umm.. got Notts law offer for ABB. A friend of mine has got BBB (lolz I keep repeating this) but it doesn't seem to be on the basis of grades coz' she only got 2 As.
HereFishyFishy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Congratulations on the offer from warwick MarkH, i am still bitter after my rejection!!!
When did you get rejected?? I was under the impression that Warrick had not handed out offers/rejections yet. Nobody i know has heard from them. How is the Warrick situation going for everybody?

I'm still not sure whether to be pleased about the Nottingham test on not. After all, places are fairly slim. But it is one of my first choices so i guess i'll give it my best on the 17th...

when is everybody else going?
*smile*
Report 16 years ago
Have you heard anything?
I heard about 3 weeks ago that I have 2 sit the test -arrrrgghh!!!!!! Will bein Notts on Feb 18th. Have u heard?????
*smile*
Report 16 years ago
anyone going on the 18th????
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (150)
60.73%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.45%
No- I want it (69)
27.94%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads

Latest