This discussion is closed.
Doudoula
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am considering reading for a postgraduate degree at Oxford next year.
What is the Oxford experience like for Postgraduates? Are they allowed to take part in college activities like sport and drama with undergraduates? Is any funding available? (I'm from Canada)
Doudoula
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
anyone? Surely someone must have some advice?
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Doudoula)
anyone? Surely someone must have some advice?
Patience doudoula, you only waited 5 minutes!
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What is the Oxford experience like for Postgraduates? Are they allowed to take part in college activities like sport and drama with undergraduates? Is any funding available? (I'm from Canada)
It depends on the college. Some colleges (such as Wadham, for example) the graduate students do have an active role in college life and take part in undergraduate activities. In my own college some of the graduate students row for the college. I think certain colleges have scholarships for graduate students, and some of the faculties do too, but I think it's very competitive.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Radagasty
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What subject are you thinking of reading?

I suspect the participation of postgrads in college activities depends on the college. I have an acquaintance was took his undergrad at Oriel (Oxon.) and his PhD at St. Cats (Cantab.), and he said the postgrads and undergrads were much more integrated at the former than at the latter.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads