Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an IBook or Powerbook G4? and what do you think of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Anyone got an IBook or Powerbook G4? and what do you think of it
    Yep I got an iBook, it's sooooo cute My bro's got a 17" Powerbook... I would still choose an iBook every time... they really are seriously cute, and better made than the Powerbook, and a lot tougher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Yep I got an iBook, it's sooooo cute My bro's got a 17" Powerbook... I would still choose an iBook every time... they really are seriously cute, and better made than the Powerbook, and a lot tougher
    Thats what i thought, whats the speed like compared to a windows pc, cos i keep reading their faster but is urs faster than an average Pc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Thats what i thought, whats the speed like compared to a windows pc, cos i keep reading their faster but is urs faster than an average Pc?
    Definately and it never crashes ever

ReputationRep:
    What spec is yours, i used to have a mac but aint used a new one, mine was a performa 450 in the early 90's but i've used a new imac at college and i liked it and it also never crashed

ReputationRep:
    I just copied this off the thing on it:

Machine Model: iBook
    CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
    Number Of CPUs: 1
    CPU Speed: 800 MHz
    L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
    Memory: 640 MB
    Bus Speed: 133 MHz

ReputationRep:
    Thats the exact same one i want

ReputationRep:
    I got mine for crimbo... best present I've ever had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I got mine for crimbo... best present I've ever had
    Thats a very cool presant, i'm buying my own with sum money i saved :eek: i would really like a 12 inch power book cos it would be faster but i can really afford one

ReputationRep:
    I originally wanted an iPod for ages but I'm not complaining Yeah the Powerbook is faster, but it doesn't feel as strong as the iBook... The first thing I did with it was walk into a door (by accident btw) it didnt' even dent it... havent' tried it with the Powerbook, my bro might kill me if I did...

ReputationRep:
    i'm not intending to treat it roughly but it is for uni so who knows.

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.