David Game College.. Watch

Chad Storm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi all. i would like to hear opinions from past/current students from David Game college..

1) cost of living( is it expensive?)
2) accomodation
3) does the cafateria offer 3 meals a day?
4) teaching quality
5) where u went to after completin the foundation programme?

i intend to go into a gd uni for law after successful completion of the foundation programme.

any advice?

thanks in advance.
Koobideh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I never went there but it was near to my college so I saw a lot of the students. I'm letting you know this because I want to help you, and so I'll tell you now that David Game College isn't that great. It is a really run-down and ugly building and the students are all in their 20s so am assuming are former dropouts. They don't perform very well on the A-level league tables either so either the students are not working or the teachers are not good quality.

If I were you I would go to Ashbourne College in Kensington, or Abbey College in Victoria. MPW is also ok, but I know that MPW is full of rich kids who just go to college to socialize and don't do any work. Ashbourne College and Abbey College are more balanced and are more value for many than David Game.
hawaiinsnow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Chad Storm)
Hi all. i would like to hear opinions from past/current students from David Game college..

1) cost of living( is it expensive?)
2) accomodation
3) does the cafateria offer 3 meals a day?
4) teaching quality
5) where u went to after completin the foundation programme?

i intend to go into a gd uni for law after successful completion of the foundation programme.

any advice?

thanks in advance.
wow so i know this is old, but my year at David Game College was the best one of my life. The accomodation felt more liek home to me than my own home ever felt. the courses, teachers, were really chilled, and so was the whoel vibe of the college. very open-minded and international. not all the students AT ALL are in their 20's. the foundation building may have above average population of students in their 20's but none of us were drop outs, you get well educated people there, mostly people who come from international schools. the location is amazing. yeah, it is a rundown building but tbh it really doesn't matter, you got the whole of notting hill gate to hang out around when you're out of class. to anyone who's considering DGC without any hesitation, go there! i've met some of the most interesting people ever, and it's an amazing stepping stone to get into top universities.
omarleb
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi all - what agents did you use to go to David Game College?

Many thanks.
Alfred23
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This incident happened a long time ago, but it is worth informing you about. A Malaysian brother and sister were students at David Game College, and they both shared the same bedroom (twin beds) in a terraced property at Onslow Gardens (South Kensington, London SW7) that David Game leased. During a holiday period, the brother and sister decided to fly back to Malaysia to see their relatives, and unbeknownst to them, Mr Game allowed a paying guest to move into their room. One day, a friend of the brother and sister knocked on their door, not realizing that they were back in Malaysia, and the man to whom Mr Game had rented the room out answered the door. The friend of the brother/sister asked the man who he was and what he was doing in that room. I don't know what happened next, but I do know that when the brother/sister returned to London, they were INCENSED to learn from their friend that their room, with all their private belongings, had been accessible to a complete stranger. Here's the important thing: the brother/sister HAD PAID FOR THEIR ROOM DURING THEIR HOLIDAY. What David Game was doing was he was renting the room out so he could earn double the rent. How unethical is that? It may even have been illegal. Game, when confronted with this issue, told the brother/sister that he would allow them to join a course (at the College) free of charge. They refused, and demanded a CASH reimbursement. Like I said, this happened many years ago, but I would imagine a leopard never changes its spots.
Danyrc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know about accommodation at Shepherd's Bush, from the David game group school?
John123hi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is teachers in David Game Independent college good? Can they teach and are the facilities good? Thanks so much
John123hi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think now David game independent college has changed. The buildings look very nice and modern. Who told you it is not good and why? Because I am deciding to go to DG college. Thanks
Mercanoglu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Old thread but thought it's worth mentioning. I dont know what the old place was like but they moved to a new place in Tower Hill. It's amazing has a gym and everything.
John123hi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hawaiinsnow)
wow so i know this is old, but my year at David Game College was the best one of my life. The accomodation felt more liek home to me than my own home ever felt. the courses, teachers, were really chilled, and so was the whoel vibe of the college. very open-minded and international. not all the students AT ALL are in their 20's. the foundation building may have above average population of students in their 20's but none of us were drop outs, you get well educated people there, mostly people who come from international schools. the location is amazing. yeah, it is a rundown building but tbh it really doesn't matter, you got the whole of notting hill gate to hang out around when you're out of class. to anyone who's considering DGC without any hesitation, go there! i've met some of the most interesting people ever, and it's an amazing stepping stone to get into top universities.
Is teachers in David Game Independent college good? Can they teach and are the facilities good? Thanks so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.19%
12.46%
12.34%
18.11%
23.07%
19.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed