The Student Room Group

Horrible baggy/puffy eyes when smiling.

Okay. So I have bags under my eyes normally and I hate that for starters, but when I smile or laugh I get even bigger bags like double bags and it's horrible!

I have yet to see/know anyone like this, everyone else has nice smooth skin under their eyes and they can smile without looking like a tw*t.

How can I get rid of this?
Erm, pic?
Reply 2
sarahthegemini
Erm, pic?

My camera isn't working, it's a bit like this http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/b/baggy_eyes_photo-117343.jpg but a tad worse.
You probably notice that the bags under your eyes get worse when you don't get enough sleep ... so... do the opposite of that.
Mega Nerd
My camera isn't working, it's a bit like this http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/b/baggy_eyes_photo-117343.jpg but a tad worse.

George Clooney :love:

I suppose the obvious thing would be to make sure you get enough sleep and drink LOTS of water. I'm not sure what else to suggest? If it doesn't make any difference though with the sleep and water, go to the GP?
sarahthegemini
George Clooney :love:

I suppose the obvious thing would be to make sure you get enough sleep and drink LOTS of water. I'm not sure what else to suggest? If it doesn't make any difference though with the sleep and water, go to the GP?

seriously?
why would a doctor be interested in baggy eyes?
HumorousGent.
seriously?
why would a doctor be interested in baggy eyes?

... because if the water/sleep doesn't make a difference, maybe she has a vitamin deficiency or something, I dunno.
Reply 7
It's normal dude. If your bags look anything like George Clooney's then it's kinda hot :tongue:
Reply 8
sarahthegemini
George Clooney

I drink about a litre of water a day and I have about 8 hours sleep a day, which is the recommended. Also, I started to take multi-vitamins a couple a days ago.

T-Toe
It's normal dude. If your bags look anything like George Clooney's then it's kinda hot :tongue:

They do. But I am female, and I don't look like George Clooney :frown:
Reply 9
Mega Nerd

They do. But I am female, and I don't look like George Clooney :frown:

Trust moi I have baggy eyes too. My profil pic doesn't make it too obvious, it's normal to have baggy eyes. Babies do! If it bothers you too much there's alot of ointments that deal with stuff like that, but I bet you're a hottie! :biggrin:
Reply 10
T-Toe
Trust moi I have baggy eyes too. My profil pic doesn't make it too obvious, it's normal to have baggy eyes. Babies do! If it bothers you too much there's alot of ointments that deal with stuff like that, but I bet you're a hottie! :biggrin:

You're really pretty :smile: it's just when I smile, they're really bad and obvious.
Reply 11
Mega Nerd

Mine look like that (but worse as well :p:) A lot of people believe that it's down to lack of sleep but for me it's hereditary. There are pictures of me as a 5 year old with bags under my eyes. Everyone on my mum's side of the family has them. There's nothing you can do but cover it up with make up unfortunately. Good luck!
sarahthegemini
... because if the water/sleep doesn't make a difference, maybe she has a vitamin deficiency or something, I dunno.

then maybe she should try improving her diet before wasting a doctor's time. (i'll take all this back if baggy eyes turns out to be a telltale symptom of a life-threatening illness, but until then it seems a little OTT...)
HumorousGent.
then maybe she should try improving her diet before wasting a doctor's time. (i'll take all this back if baggy eyes turns out to be a telltale symptom of a life-threatening illness, but until then it seems a little OTT...)

:hmmm:

http://www.dermaxime.com/baggy-eyes.htm

Under Thyroid problems, it says "consult medical practitioner" :teehee:
Reply 14
S_123
Mine look like that (but worse as well :p:) A lot of people believe that it's down to lack of sleep but for me it's hereditary. There are pictures of me as a 5 year old with bags under my eyes. Everyone on my mum's side of the family has them. There's nothing you can do but cover it up with make up unfortunately. Good luck!

My dad has them, and that's about it, but it's only come around this bad in the past year or two :/
sarahthegemini
:hmmm:

http://www.dermaxime.com/baggy-eyes.htm

Under Thyroid problems, it says "consult medical practitioner" :teehee:

but there is a whole list of other potentials to eliminate first, one of which could be a 'natural puffiness' if you like (OP states 'I have bags under my eyes normally ...') which can't be solved by anything but cosmetic surgery.

i highly doubt it's indicative of a serious medical condition.
Reply 16
I don't know if this could be related, well it probably is, but I wear contact lenses everyday. Could that be the cause?
HumorousGent.
but there is a whole list of other potentials to eliminate first, one of which could be a 'natural puffiness' if you like (OP states 'I have bags under my eyes normally ...') which can't be solved by anything but cosmetic surgery.

i highly doubt it's indicative of a serious medical condition.

Ok, I get it, she doesn't need to see the GP :frown:

:ninja:
sarahthegemini
Ok, I get it, she doesn't need to see the GP :frown:

:ninja:

:smile:

Possible pedantry overload there, apologies.

Yes, OP, the contact lenses may have something to do with it. Switches to glasses for a while if possible.
Dermalmd under eye treatment serum is amazing. The bags under my eyes and buffy skin under my eyes greatly diminished after just one use. I have been using the product for over 30 days and I don't have any bags or saggy skin under my eyes. My husband noticed the changes in my face and he also started using it. He saw the difference under his eyes as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending