The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
vienna95
time and time again? he has been on tv for 17 years without complaint, i fail to see where he his show has been unprofessional....but i dont watch it regularly..

If you don't watch it regularly then don't comment on a point that you can't dispute.
His programme has often caused comment and complaint as has his intolerance to sections of this and other countries populations.
Have a look at 'Have your say' on BBC's news website and see how many people have been upset by his attitudes.
Reply 41
Why do people open up topics, and then shoot down someones opinions - the person said 'no offence' in the post, and then the original poster calls them an 'idiot'.
Reply 42
yawn1
If you don't watch it regularly then don't comment on a point that you can't dispute.
His programme has often caused comment and complaint as has his intolerance to sections of this and other countries populations.
Have a look at 'Have your say' on BBC's news website and see how many people have been upset by his attitudes.

so why let his program run for 17 years? your implying that this latest 'offence' is more serious based on the fact that it is levelled at arabs, sorry, arab states(its so difficult to keep reality in check, especially when the media persistently distorts it).

if he was being impartial for 17 years why now?
if he wasnt, your point is, well, wrong.

having seen him occasionally, i felt no intolerance whatso ever. maybe you can provide me with some examples seeing as uve probably watched more than me..?
Reply 43
firstly, i havn't read the article in full, only snippets from this website and that website, and i think that most people here havn't read it either (because the express's website is sheit, NO ARCHIVES, NOTHING), so people kan't be saying much if they havn't read it.

some people stick to the idea that he criticised arab people as a whole, when in fact he was talking about the worst of the arab states.

the second thing, people against his view keep on coming up with things like 'Algebra' originates from the arab countries. Of course it does, everyone know that. But thos people forget to mention the fact that Kilroy hasn't said "what have they done for us", but "what do they do for us". That is the important fact.

And another thing, he published/wrote this article, last april and nobody said anything against it, and now that it has been printed out of context people are blabbering on and complaining, where were the complaints lats April.

I don't have any personal dislikes to other nations/races as a whole, but some people give a bad name to them. Eg, i keep on readin articles in the newspapers of black youths muggin other kids/teenagers, and yes the vast majority keep on turing up to be black, don't you think that gives a bad name to black youths who don't do any of this shit and go and beat people up. i think it does.

You should go and slap Osama for making a bad name for Arabs, kos it is his fault that he portays a bad image for the rest of his race.

to be continued....
Reply 44
vienna95
so why let his program run for 17 years? your implying that this latest 'offence' is more serious based on the fact that it is levelled at arabs, sorry, arab states(its so difficult to keep reality in check, especially when the media persistently distorts it).

having seen him occasionally, i felt no intolerance whatso ever. maybe you can provide me with some examples seeing as uve probably watched more than me..?

when i finsihed my GCSE's i had a lot of mornings to watch his programs and i did not find him racist, xenophbic, biased whatever.

and quite rightly said, why now, he's been doing the show for 17 years, why the hell now?
Reply 45
vienna95

I should never be trusted with a posistion as important as 'EU commissioner' because I come from a land populated by 'Priests, peasants and pixes' \o/
Reply 46
vienna95
as such, the NHS is forced to treat them until they are cured, irrespective of whether they have a right to be in this country.

sorry i forgot people who have diseases have done something to deserve it. And if youd like to share the cure for HIV id be interested too.
Reply 47
SasunD
when i finsihed my GCSE's i had a lot of mornings to watch his programs and i did not find him racist, xenophbic, biased whatever.

and quite rightly said, why now, he's been doing the show for 17 years, why the hell now?

Yeah i agree with u that people do bring it on themselves and give others a bad name because of it. However that doesnt meant that Kilroy or anybody else should group ppl together and then insult them and generally be racists. Im both black and Arab and i would like to think people wouldnt thick any less of me because both me and Osama are arab or because other black kids mugg other tenagers. So if hes racist or not is not the point. What he said was random racist s*it.
He has always been a bit oppinionated and dismissed his guests oppinions.
Reply 49
kildare
I should never be trusted with a posistion as important as 'EU commissioner' because I come from a land populated by 'Priests, peasants and pixes' \o/

forgive me, but i didnt think that was on his show.
Reply 50
happysunshine
He has always been a bit oppinionated and dismissed his guests oppinions.

guests? it was a public audience.
Reply 51
TK0
sorry i forgot people who have diseases have done something to deserve it. And if youd like to share the cure for HIV id be interested too.

that is precisely the point, immigrants that would otherwise be turned away, remain in this country indefinately at the expense of the taxpayer.
vienna95
guests? it was a public audience.

Ah yes that was the word I was looking for.
Reply 53
Fira
Yeah i agree with u that people do bring it on themselves and give others a bad name because of it. However that doesnt meant that Kilroy or anybody else should group ppl together and then insult them and generally be racists. Im both black and Arab and i would like to think people wouldnt thick any less of me because both me and Osama are arab or because other black kids mugg other tenagers. So if hes racist or not is not the point. What he said was random racist s*it.

read the article. i appreciate that you might be unsettled or find his comments ignorant. but the context is clearly known to all.
Reply 54
Darkness
Me too!

And let's not forget that the origins of maths (algebra) came from the East as well...

never heard of the greeks then?
Reply 55
HELLO???? I just found that thread and I´m honestly quite shocked, and certainly not by some stupid blackmailing!

I mean first AIDS was first prevalent in Africa because it coincidently is transferred by Chimpanzees as mentioned earlier on, how many chimpanzees have you seen in Britain so far, vienna? Or in Paris?

OK, got that. Second, the disease was first spread by sex tourists from the USA, that´s why the disease reached Europe years later than the States.

Third, the reason why the disease spreads so quickly down there in Africa is that people do have a different attitude, yes. Where does it come from? I´m sorry about the following, please guys don´t hold it bad at me but in a forum from the UK there shouldn´t be too much negative talk about Africa if you know what I mean! I´ve just been to southern Africa for a year, dealt with a lot of people (and obviously a lot of HIV+ people since the rate in SA is 30%) and I´ve seen the incredible damages the Europeans have inflicted in this continent! We can never blame the Africas for everything being the way it is, if we (or our ancestors) had never put our fucking feet on African land and exploited the continent to the end, only to leave the mess we caused slightly shrugging our shoulders, AIDS wouldn´t be a problem.

AAARRRGGG got that off my chest. Must stop now. But if any European says anything about "Africans" (or better "Blacks") I just get serious self control issues!
Reply 56
vienna95
that is precisely the point, immigrants that would otherwise be turned away, remain in this country indefinately at the expense of the taxpayer.

Oh yes, not to forget about that here...

Vienna, have you ever seen anybody dying of AIDS? Just answer this question please.
Reply 57
ben2111
Oh yes, not to forget about that here...

Vienna, have you ever seen anybody dying of AIDS? Just answer this question please.

what has that got to do with anything?
Reply 58
Oh yes, by the way, there is NO CURE for AIDS!!! There are treatments people in EUROPE can live extremely long with, but under extreme conditions: weekly analysis of any new opportunistic diseases, new medications all the time, extreme care-taking of the own health.
Reply 59
ben2111
HELLO???? I just found that thread and I´m honestly quite shocked, and certainly not by some stupid blackmailing!

I mean first AIDS was first prevalent in Africa because it coincidently is transferred by Chimpanzees as mentioned earlier on, how many chimpanzees have you seen in Britain so far, vienna? Or in Paris?

OK, got that. Second, the disease was first spread by sex tourists from the USA, that´s why the disease reached Europe years later than the States.

Third, the reason why the disease spreads so quickly down there in Africa is that people do have a different attitude, yes. Where does it come from? I´m sorry about the following, please guys don´t hold it bad at me but in a forum from the UK there shouldn´t be too much negative talk about Africa if you know what I mean! I´ve just been to southern Africa for a year, dealt with a lot of people (and obviously a lot of HIV+ people since the rate in SA is 30%) and I´ve seen the incredible damages the Europeans have inflicted in this continent! We can never blame the Africas for everything being the way it is, if we (or our ancestors) had never put our fucking feet on African land and exploited the continent to the end, only to leave the mess we caused slightly shrugging our shoulders, AIDS wouldn´t be a problem.

AAARRRGGG got that off my chest. Must stop now. But if any European says anything about "Africans" (or better "Blacks") I just get serious self control issues!

why because all Europeans are evil whites? what a load of bigoted crap.

africans are predominantly black...*waits*

since you question me, how has this got to do with anything ive posted?

Latest

Trending

Trending