Kilroy?Whats the big deal?People r openly accusing black africans of spreading aids Watch

This discussion is closed.
yawn1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't SansunD and Vienna make an obnoxious couple? They should start a forum of their own to vent their misguided and compassionless views rather than taint ours!
Seriously though, when there is such a divergence of views there is little point getting so het up about things as both sides will never agree - they say you should never argue about politics, sex and religion and you can see why.
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Vienna - who do you think should be the next England Rugby captain?
Blush Babe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
yes i did.

i just wish the western world would appreciate some of the stuff the eastern side has done, they seem to think that they did very little.

if it wasnt for an iranian guy called "chemi" then we wouldnt have chemistry today, and hence medicine and so forth.

and yes, i am iranian, thats why i know this!
I am NOT changing the topic...just giving you a guys a break .
So you're Iranian? Salam, mifami Irani?
You didn't understand that did you?
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Vienna - who do you think should be the next England Rugby captain?
Sven Goran Eriksson
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
I am beginning to woner if you would see a wet fish that slapped you on the side of the face tbo.
A person who is ractist xenophobic and biased will rarely see it in another who is displaying the same traits. It takes intelligence to see through nuances of that sort of behaviour sometimes as the person doing it is not necessarily overt.
People suffered slavery for many many years before anybody stood up and said it was wrong!!!
No, many people always said it was wrong. They just weren't important enough
J
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Our NHS system? Why are you saying it belongs to you?
The NHS system takes a big slice of the taxes we pay. Figure it like this, if an american comes into the country, and has a heart attack because he's so ridiculously obese, would you expect him to get a free heart bypass? No, and he wouldn't. Therefore, health rourists, and immigrants who travel through many other safe countries to reach the one with the most easily abused health system kinda piss alot of tax payers off.
Its actually health tourists that are the worst - because when push comes to shove these people don't care if they go to jail, as long as they live
J
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Kilroy's overtly racist tone in both condemnation of Arab states and Irish EU commissioner's make him unsuitable for a programme that requires a presenter who is overseeing contentious issues to be seen as unbiased. Kilroy does not fit that criteria and is therefore unfit to be allowed to remain in the role.
ye, we are aware of that point of view. i was referring to the post in this thread suggesting that Kilroy had been racist on his show....instead of pursuing this vendetta against me, participate normally..

The fact that his programme has been going on so long is not an indication that he is of fair-mindedness, rather that he has a dogged, arrogant and supercilious relentlessness.
you use all those big words up there?

Many posters on this forum are quick to defend the likes of Kilroy yet slow to defend those who have been slurred against. This perhaps is part of their flawed characters
if we believe he didnt slur anyone, why would we defend something that doesnt exist. i didnt realise thinking logically was a flaw...although, being illogical, i can see how you got there..
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Don't SansunD and Vienna make an obnoxious couple? They should start a forum of their own to vent their misguided and compassionless views rather than taint ours!
why are half your posts full of personal comment and rhetorical crap?

Seriously though, when there is such a divergence of views there is little point getting so het up about things as both sides will never agree - they say you should never argue about politics, sex and religion and you can see why.
id rather talk about it than make personal remarks....
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
why are half your posts full of personal comment and rhetorical crap?

id rather talk about it than make personal remarks....
By looking for the splinter in the eye of another you do not see the plank in your own.
I have no vendetta against you as you are of no consequence to me as I am not to you.
The fact remains that Kilroy has no place as a presenter of a programme that airs contentious issues because of his outspoken comments in the press. He has to remain unbiased in public to remain credible.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
By looking for the splinter in the eye of another you do not see the plank in your own.
I have no vendetta against you as you are of no consequence to me as I am not to you.
The fact remains that Kilroy has no place as a presenter of a programme that airs contentious issues because of his outspoken comments in the press. He has to remain unbiased in public to remain credible.
um, why does he have to be unbiased to be credible. Is Yasser Arafat credible.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
um, why does he have to be unbiased to be credible. Is Yasser Arafat credible.
since he should be neutral in debates, if he is bias there isnt much point having the debate surely. he also has to be neutral as a tv presenter since the bbc is paid for by the liscence payer who he should try not to offend (not saying he has, just saying why) those paying his salary.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
why dont u think Yasser Arafat is credable?
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
since he should be neutral in debates, if he is bias there isnt much point having the debate surely. he also has to be neutral as a tv presenter since the bbc is paid for by the liscence payer who he should try not to offend (not saying he has, just saying why) those paying his salary.
Thank you - at last someone else who can see through all the 'fluff' and get to the important nucleus of why Kilroy should not be allowed to be a presenter any longer.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
whether i agree with you or not is irrelevant. the fact that you address me and not the rest of the forum is. that illustrates that clearly i interest you more than you think.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
why dont u think Yasser Arafat is credable?
i never said that, i said he is obviously biased but hes still credible.
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
whether i agree with you or not is irrelevant. the fact that you address me and not the rest of the forum is. that illustrates that clearly i interest you more than you think.
It's simply because you are the most misguided and need enlightening - nothing more, nothing less!
And don't be such an egotist - it is not an attractive trait in a person.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
It's simply because you are the most misguided and need enlightening - nothing more, nothing less!
And don't be such an egotist - it is not an attractive trait in a person.
egotist? i think someone who labels those he disagrees with as misguided has more of an ego problem....
Othello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
egotist? i think someone who labels those he disagrees with as misguided has more of an ego problem....
nah luv, yawn correctly described you.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Othello)
nah luv, yawn correctly described you.
when did i deny it..
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, the black Africans at least seem to be rather safe in this thread, since nobody talks about them any more...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads