The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Gemma :)!
I just flash it at him :wink:
Out of Context :yep:
Reply 41
At home I say 'hi, day return to the city centre please'

and here at Edinburgh for univ I just say 'hi/ hello' and pop my money in the slot

(yes, i say hi/ hello to the drivers:colondollar:..I feel awkward not doing that :s-smilie:)
Reply 42
Depends where you are. Some places charge you by the distance, so I'd say "X Street please" and they'll be like "That's £1.50".

In Edinburgh (flat rate travel) I just say "Hi, £1.20 please" and out comes my ticket.
Reply 43
*touches oyster card to card reader*
Hi, Half to Centre :smile: /
Hi, Half to Drummond :smile:

I always smile and say hi, and thank them when I get off, alot of people are just silent getting on and off.
(Although I'm 18, I still get away with child fares :colondollar:)
Reply 45
i just show my pass
Deadlifts
Out of Context :yep:

Haha! Should have known someone would point that out :biggrin:
Reply 47
Nothing, I show him/her my pass and then I take a seat.
have an oyster card, so just press it on the reader and give the driver a smile/nod
Reply 49
Depends :ninja: When I used to get the bus home from college I used to say '80p please', but if I was in city centre and wanted to go home by bus I'd just say 'single to X'.. Now I usually say 'does this go to waterloo station???' :ninja:
Reply 50
wen i get on i normally just say "Hiya" then scan my buspass then say "thanks"
Then when i am getting off "cheers mate" (if i am paying attention, if i am in a rush i just get off, but think its polite to say something even when you are using a pre-loaded pass and when you are getting off)

> every one always laughs when i thank the driver in places like london and birmingham, where the majority of people behave like animals :frown:
Bektas
In London there is never any interaction between the driver and passenger. All you hear is 'beep', 'beep' then theres always one oyster that fails, then the person searches frantically through her/his bag. I find it amusing. My life is average.

I honestly had no idea people actually spoke to the bus drivers in other places and had to ask for things like that. o_O It's always been pass (back in the old days) and oyster cards for me (although I no longer get free travel), but I never taken a bus anywhere except London, so. :tongue:
"I DID have a ticket somewhere you have to believe me!!!"
It's a flat rate here so I just get on the bus and say good morning/afternoon/evening to the driver as the ticket's printing, then thank them on the way off
Reply 54
'All day ticket please'. I had a pass until July so I just flashed that.

Lucky people getting child tickets aged 18. You become an adult at 14 here.
Reply 55
Teh User

Lucky people getting child tickets aged 18. You become an adult at 14 here.

Likewise :\.
If you're 13 or over you cannot get a child ticket - absolutely ridiculous. My baby face is useless now.

Around here we just say the destination.
"Town" "£3.40"
"A single, please"
When i was in DC, i dont talk to the bus driver, i just hop in and swipe my card.
I once got on the bus with the (as we've agreed on this thread) standard comment of "Footbridge please mate", driver was like, "That a child's?"

I was wearing my sixth form suit, I was 18 at the time, you have to be 15 to qualify for a child's ticket and people always tell me I look like I'm in my early 20s. "Um. Yeah."

I was in so much shock of saving 80p, I text all my mates to let them know what had gone on. Best day of my life.

Also, when getting off the bus, I always like to say thanks to the driver. Not that they've done anything especially fantastic (in fact I'd be pretty miffed if they DIDN'T manage to deliver me to my stop), but good manners will get you everywhere in life.

Don't do drugs kids.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
'orite drive, Day To Go ticket please :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending