The Student Room Group

Soton Medicine Applicants 2011

Hey :smile: just noticed that there wasn't a thread for Southampton Medicine 2011 entry so thought I'd make one..

Scroll to see replies

yay for s'oton....good medical school and i wouldnt mind going there at all (even though i live like 15 mins from the uni...nvm hehe)
Reply 2
Woo! So'ton! So anyone know when they start giving out decisions? I'm guessing Jan/Feb?
Reply 3
SOUTHAMPTON!!!! woohooo!!! I went there on saturday. Absolutely loved it!!!!!
Reply 4
I'm applying there...just waiting for the rejection -_-:facepalm2:
I am applying here too for their graduate entry program. Any other graduates applying here?
Reply 6
Applied yesterday. When do you find out if you get an offer. I know it will be a while but was reading the birmingham thread and people gott interview notification 2 days after sending their ucas and have interviews in OCT/NOV and now I am so nervous I am like bouncing up and down
Reply 7
How do they use GCSEs in their selection process?
I am thinking of applying there but achieved 2A*, 6A, 2B at GCSE.

Do they use gcses at all selectively?
Fine.

NEXT
Reply 9
felt_monkey
Fine.

NEXT

Sorry?
gabbyruff
Sorry?

They're fine. Next question.
Reply 11
felt_monkey
They're fine. Next question.

So they don't rank people by GCSE grades?
Do they regard UKCAT higher?
gabbyruff
So they don't rank people by GCSE grades?
Do they regard UKCAT higher?

No! They don't give a **** about either unless your UKCAT is very low or you don't meet the entry requirements. It's all your PS.
Reply 13
felt_monkey
No! They don't give a **** about either unless your UKCAT is very low or you don't meet the entry requirements. It's all your PS.

Thanks,
How are you enjoying it?
gabbyruff
Thanks,
How are you enjoying it?

Yeah it's good. Feel like we've been thrown into the deep end for some things without any guidance, but the lectures are really interesting. Plus the pastoral care is amazing. Just don't apply to small halls for accommodation; I have to get up at 6 every morning to get to the hospital for lectures at 9.
Reply 15
:O.
And can everyone intercalate?
gabbyruff
:O.
And can everyone intercalate?

Everyone automatically graduates with a bachelors in medical sciences. 25 will be able to intercalate to get an MMedSci but nothing else.
(edited 13 years ago)
Good luck, y'all made a good choice :smile:
Reply 18
Got my postcard! :woo:
Reply 19
Applied today :smile: and the wait begins!!!

Quick Reply