The Student Room Group

GCSE test

Hi, im doin foundation tier for double science and in november i did AQA module 5 metals and today i got my score back 31/33 UMS (mark thingy) and i got this score without revising.

Do you think i am 'fit enough' to do the higher tier or not?

It's just that none of my science teachers have talked about moving me up a set.

set 1 and 2- higher tier

set 3 and 4-foundation tier

set 5 -single science

im in set 3 at the mo and came top in my class. If i was fit enough to do the higher tier shouldnt one of my science teachers seen me by now?

Im just getting a bit pissed now, i want a career prospect in science but my chances are slim if im doing foundation tier with the highest possible grade, CC.

Is the most important thing, too pass?
Kish
Hi, im doin foundation tier for double science and in november i did AQA module 5 metals and today i got my score back 31/33 UMS (mark thingy) and i got this score without revising.

It's just that none of my science teachers have talked about moving me up a set.

set 1 and 2- higher tier

set 5 -single science

im in set 3 at the mo and came top in my class. If i was fit enough to do the higher tier shouldnt one of my science teachers seen me by now?

Im just getting a bit pissed now, i want a career prospect in science but my chances are slim if im doing foundation tier with the highest possible grade, CC.

Definitely do higher Tier - You will end up geting A/B, honest. it isnt that hard.
Reply 2
I second him.
Do the higher tier. If you're doing really well there's no reason why you won't be able to do higher. Also if you have good passes in double science it opens up the different variety of subjects you can do at a level.
Reply 4
Speak to your teachers about it NOW

I was top of my group in Maths which did intermediate tier. I asked for 2 whole years about moving up because I found it so bloody easy but they wouldnt move me. Then after I got 100% in my mock they thought about moving me but decided that it was too late for me to learn the additional topics. I got a B which was the highest you could get on the paper really easily but they wouldnt let me do A Level maths because one of the schools requirements for doing it was to sit the higher paper.I still wish I'd done A Level maths because I did chem and they would have gone better together. Ask now before its too late its worth it even if you still end up with a C because at least you will have had the potential to do better.
Kish

set 1 and 2- higher tier

set 5 -single science

Well I take it you have another two tests coming up very soon? So you don't want to waste another two tests by doing foundation. You are obviously very good at science, but if you do not revise you'll come out probabaly come out with Cs again in your modulars. And if you want A/B you need to get As and Bs in your tests.
Reply 6
Just remember the actual final exams are WRITTEN ones, no multiple choice ones...And theres a huge jump between Y10 and Y11.

Latest

Trending

Trending