Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
The libertines
Razorlight
80s Matchbox B-line Disaster
Nothing more need be said I feel - however i am sure there are some differences of opinion on this subject
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Franz Ferdinand & Funeral For A Friend.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
Franz Ferdinand & Funeral For A Friend.
i thought i was pretty good music wise but i haven't heard of half the bands listed
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lifehouse
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
i thought i was pretty good music wise but i haven't heard of half the bands listed
Just waste some time watching MTV2.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I saw the libertines before Pete got himself a prison sentence :P \m/
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by fishpaste)
I saw the libertines before Pete got himself a prison sentence :P \m/
Same here - yeah i agree u must waste time watching Mtv2 to know some of the bands - particularly Razorlight - listen to Xfm too - they were only just signed recently - Franz Ferdinand is a good band too. Did u hear that a band called - Hope of the States - was going to be big in 2004 but their guitarist committed suicide a few days ago - hanged himself outside their studios
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Same here - yeah i agree u must waste time watching Mtv2 to know some of the bands - particularly Razorlight - listen to Xfm too - they were only just signed recently - Franz Ferdinand is a good band too. Did u hear that a band called - Hope of the States - was going to be big in 2004 but their guitarist committed suicide a few days ago - hanged himself outside their studios
i'm not sure the i like some of the bands listed, i guess i'm not really into that type of music.
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
agreed, Libertines and Razorlight are brilliant, best UK band must go to the excellent Coldplay, mebbe Muse a close second
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by Absolution)
agreed, Libertines and Razorlight are brilliant, best UK band must go to the excellent Coldplay, mebbe Muse a close second
cool man - absolution is gold - coldplay have cracked america and have been v. successful - radiohead kick ass too === but these new bands will be huge - the drums on 'Stumble and Fall' by Razorlight are amazing
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hope of the States - was going to be big in 2004 but their guitarist committed suicide a few days ago - hanged himself outside their studios
Yeh, I heard about that. Terrible.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
cool man - absolution is gold - coldplay have cracked america and have been v. successful - radiohead kick ass too === but these new bands will be huge - the drums on 'Stumble and Fall' by Razorlight are amazing
i downloaded 5/6 songs and thought they were amazing, you know of an album for Razorlight in the future? plus can't wait for more libs material.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alec)
Yeh, I heard about that. Terrible.
Had u heard of the band by the way? only heard of them when i read their a review on AmP interactive and this news on XFM.co.uk
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm going to see FFAF and Franz Ferdinand soon. You've also got Hell Is For Heroes, the Holiday Plan....loads.....snow patrol.....
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
i downloaded 5/6 songs and thought they were amazing, you know of an album for Razorlight in the future? plus can't wait for more libs material.
i am definitely getting their album - i need to get 'house of the dog' 80s Matchbox - 'celebrate ur mother'! and 'psychosis safari' lol
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Had u heard of the band by the way? only heard of them when i read their a review on AmP interactive and this news on XFM.co.uk
I haven't heard much, but what I have I like.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I listened to Funeral for a friend album and didnt think much of it, nothing really new or different, just another UK act singing in American accents and playing monotonous melodies, (no offence)
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I listened to Funeral for a friend album and didnt think much of it, nothing really new or different, just another UK act singing in American accents and playing monotonous melodies, (no offence)
I had actually assumed they were American until reading this thread.

Same goes for The Thrills, especially on "Santa Cruz you're not that far." Not just because of the "Santa Cruz" aspect, but the accent, it's so unfaithful.
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wouldn't call Bullet Theory or She Drove me to Daytime TV monotonous. They're not American accents - they're Welsh ones. Offence was taken.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toffee)
I'm going to see FFAF and Franz Ferdinand soon. You've also got Hell Is For Heroes, the Holiday Plan....loads.....snow patrol.....
Both snow patrols songs - 'burning brides' and the latest one 'light up' are very good - the latest is very touching - but i dont realy like emo-music myself but still props to u for going to see the new bands
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads