The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Franz Ferdinand & Funeral For A Friend.
Alec
Franz Ferdinand & Funeral For A Friend.

i thought i was pretty good music wise but i haven't heard of half the bands listed :frown:
Reply 3
Lifehouse
Reply 4
waiting2smile
i thought i was pretty good music wise but i haven't heard of half the bands listed :frown:

Just waste some time watching MTV2. :wink:
Reply 5
I saw the libertines before Pete got himself a prison sentence :P \m/
Reply 6
fishpaste
I saw the libertines before Pete got himself a prison sentence :P \m/

Same here - yeah i agree u must waste time watching Mtv2 to know some of the bands - particularly Razorlight - listen to Xfm too - they were only just signed recently - Franz Ferdinand is a good band too. Did u hear that a band called - Hope of the States - was going to be big in 2004 but their guitarist committed suicide a few days ago - hanged himself outside their studios
Kurdt Morello
Same here - yeah i agree u must waste time watching Mtv2 to know some of the bands - particularly Razorlight - listen to Xfm too - they were only just signed recently - Franz Ferdinand is a good band too. Did u hear that a band called - Hope of the States - was going to be big in 2004 but their guitarist committed suicide a few days ago - hanged himself outside their studios

i'm not sure the i like some of the bands listed, i guess i'm not really into that type of music.
agreed, Libertines and Razorlight are brilliant, best UK band must go to the excellent Coldplay, mebbe Muse a close second
Reply 9
Absolution
agreed, Libertines and Razorlight are brilliant, best UK band must go to the excellent Coldplay, mebbe Muse a close second

cool man - absolution is gold - coldplay have cracked america and have been v. successful - radiohead kick ass too === but these new bands will be huge - the drums on 'Stumble and Fall' by Razorlight are amazing
Reply 10
Kurdt Morello
Hope of the States - was going to be big in 2004 but their guitarist committed suicide a few days ago - hanged himself outside their studios

Yeh, I heard about that. Terrible. :frown:
Kurdt Morello
cool man - absolution is gold - coldplay have cracked america and have been v. successful - radiohead kick ass too === but these new bands will be huge - the drums on 'Stumble and Fall' by Razorlight are amazing

i downloaded 5/6 songs and thought they were amazing, you know of an album for Razorlight in the future? plus can't wait for more libs material. :smile:
Reply 12
Alec
Yeh, I heard about that. Terrible. :frown:

Had u heard of the band by the way? only heard of them when i read their a review on AmP interactive and this news on XFM.co.uk
Reply 13
I'm going to see FFAF and Franz Ferdinand soon. You've also got Hell Is For Heroes, the Holiday Plan....loads.....snow patrol.....
Reply 14
Absolution
i downloaded 5/6 songs and thought they were amazing, you know of an album for Razorlight in the future? plus can't wait for more libs material. :smile:

i am definitely getting their album - i need to get 'house of the dog' 80s Matchbox - 'celebrate ur mother'! and 'psychosis safari' lol
Reply 15
Kurdt Morello
Had u heard of the band by the way? only heard of them when i read their a review on AmP interactive and this news on XFM.co.uk

I haven't heard much, but what I have I like.
I listened to Funeral for a friend album and didnt think much of it, nothing really new or different, just another UK act singing in American accents and playing monotonous melodies, (no offence)
Reply 17
Absolution
I listened to Funeral for a friend album and didnt think much of it, nothing really new or different, just another UK act singing in American accents and playing monotonous melodies, (no offence)

I had actually assumed they were American until reading this thread.

Same goes for The Thrills, especially on "Santa Cruz you're not that far." Not just because of the "Santa Cruz" aspect, but the accent, it's so unfaithful.
Reply 18
Absolution

I wouldn't call Bullet Theory or She Drove me to Daytime TV monotonous. They're not American accents - they're Welsh ones. Offence was taken.
Reply 19
Toffee
I'm going to see FFAF and Franz Ferdinand soon. You've also got Hell Is For Heroes, the Holiday Plan....loads.....snow patrol.....

Both snow patrols songs - 'burning brides' and the latest one 'light up' are very good - the latest is very touching - but i dont realy like emo-music myself but still props to u for going to see the new bands

Latest