Best New Bands in the UK today? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
I listened to Funeral for a friend album and didnt think much of it, nothing really new or different, just another UK act singing in American accents and playing monotonous melodies, (no offence)
I *nearly* went to see them in Exeter a few months ago, didn't get my act together in time to buy tickets though, which was a shame.

Personally, 'screamo' isn't a preferred style of mine - although I recognise them as being good within their genre.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
I had actually assumed they were American until reading this thread.

Same goes for The Thrills, especially on "Santa Cruz you're not that far." Not just because of the "Santa Cruz" aspect, but the accent, it's so unfaithful.
But Irish accent does sound american when singing unless ur listening to the beautiful Corrs - except the brother = otherwise caw blimey!!!
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
But Irish accent does sound american when singing unless ur listening to the beautiful Corrs - except the brother = otherwise caw blimey!!!
*Reminisces to David Brent quotations*
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Toffee)
I wouldn't call Bullet Theory or She Drove me to Daytime TV monotonous. They're not American accents - they're Welsh ones. Offence was taken.
Welsh people wouldn't sing like that buoyo! And look at the song title : she drove me to daytime TV :rolleyes: sounds like a good charlotte masterpiece.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alec)
*Reminisces to David Brent quotations*
the resemblance is uncanny - and i have a moustache and beard just like him - oh well better start trying to be popular now and make some money as a double
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
there was another band on Virgin recently - Maroon 55? they played a beautiful song too - i suggest watching for them too
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i heard a song on the radio by a band ( i think it was heel) or some body part, was really good (not elbow) and its bugging me.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
i think elbow are over-hyped somewhat - they do write well but the delivery of the songs is too dead-pan
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
i think elbow are over-hyped somewhat - they do write well but the delivery of the songs is too dead-pan
more boring than bleak i feel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got the album recently and thought it was ok, nice and relaxing but yeah i agree it didnt quite do it.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
i got the album recently and thought it was ok, nice and relaxing but yeah i agree it didnt quite do it.
what did u think of the latest offering from muse compared with previous - seems alot heavier than b4
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Welsh people wouldn't sing like that buoyo! And look at the song title : she drove me to daytime TV :rolleyes: sounds like a good charlotte masterpiece.
Meh...good charlotte have nothing in common with F4AF.

Oh yeah the Mull Historical Society have one really good song.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
i think each one to one's own - at the end of the day (which it clearly is now) GB is full of musical talent and which appeals to a broad base of differing tastes - i think that no one can criticise too much cos after all whatever sells well is gr8 as it reflects on us - GB
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No!!! You are surely not condoning the getting to no. 1 of pop idols and manufactured crap....are you?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
No!!! You are surely not condoning the getting to no. 1 of pop idols and manufactured crap....are you?
No i meant in the rock/metal community of course !!!
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No i meant in the rock/metal community of course !!!
Phew. My faith in you is restored.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Phew. My faith in you is restored.
lol - surely just from my musical tastes (re: my profile) u would see i am deeply engrossed in all that is rock/alternative/metal etc. and even me starting this thread in the first place ! yeah i know some people like me but who have made comments that just dont make sense like u almost thought i did.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
like franz ferdinand. absalutely love the lostprohets- i reckon their new album will be huge (they must have made it, the singer was on cd:uk. lol. he was ****ging off busted + manufactured pop acts in front of fat michelle... was well funny)

lou xxx
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
I *nearly* went to see them in Exeter a few months ago, didn't get my act together in time to buy tickets though, which was a shame..
is that the university... i think it is!

we're so cool!
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Both snow patrols songs - 'burning brides' and the latest one 'light up' are very good - the latest is very touching - but i dont realy like emo-music myself but still props to u for going to see the new bands
light up is wonderful, best song i've heard in *ages*

off to the nme tour thing for a bit of ranz ferdinand, saw them supporting hot hot heat but was more interested in the fiery furnances really, hoping they can impress me a bit more this time

hmm who else? the holiday plan were great, saw them supporting my new favourite (sadly not british ) band,span!

seen 80's matchbox a few times but not too keen, ah oo random link Keane will be massive this year i reckon

new FFAF single is okay, the one before was just boring imo, nothing that hasn't been done before

damn i miss listening to Xfm, now stuck with radio1, suprised at how much better it is than i expected

oooo edit- winnebago deal are fab, must give them a shout, dogs die in hot cars are pretty splendid too!

hmm what a lovely rant that was!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed