The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Theres a band called Keane who are a bit similar to Coldplay that I like. They won the BBC sound of 2004 thing (Franz Ferdinand were 2nd.)

I like the Franz Ferdinand song (Take Me Out) but only in small quantities.
Reply 41
Ollie
is that the university... i think it is!

we're so cool!

Yeh, at the Lemon Grove.
Toffee
I'm going to see FFAF and Franz Ferdinand soon. You've also got Hell Is For Heroes, the Holiday Plan....loads.....snow patrol.....

i saw Franz Ferdinand in Edinburgh when they were tiny in Edinburgh and they're fucking awesome live.
Reply 43
violet high are really good.

www.violethigh.com
Reply 44
IF YOU GUYS WANNA HEAR A GREAT UNSIGNED BAND, CHECK OUT THE REGULARS AT WWW.THEREGULARS.TK AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD SOME OF THEIR TRACKS.
AND IF ANYONE EVER GOES TO SOUTH LONDON, CHECK TO SEE IF THEYRE PLAYING ANY GIGS NEAR TO YOU, THEY ROCK LIVE.
Reply 45
the undesided are very good. www.theundesided.com
KASABIAN!! the future of British Rock 'n' Roll!!!
Reply 47
Specialheffa
KASABIAN!! the future of British Rock 'n' Roll!!!

not a bad shout - but i think Razorlight and Keane are pretty strong as well
I agree about Keane. I reckon they will be big this year. I'm seeing them live in Portsmouth sometime in April. Should be good!
Reply 49
ThunderCat8
I agree about Keane. I reckon they will be big this year. I'm seeing them live in Portsmouth sometime in April. Should be good!

cool - i am seeing Chilis in Hyde Park this June - sticking to the established royalty of rock for now - my first proper gig!!!!
Reply 50
Kurdt Morello
cool - i am seeing Chilis in Hyde Park this June - sticking to the established royalty of rock for now - my first proper gig!!!!

Thats cool, I can't believe the Chili's came back after Californication so well. I bought U2 live from Slane Castle last week, so now want to see them live when they next tour.
Reply 51
Woah! How did I miss this thread? Best new British bands are Biffy Clyro and Funeral For A Friend! Everyone needs to hear '57' by Biffy, it's amazing. And everyone stop dissing FFAF, they are incredibly original, lyrically great, not monotonous (unconventional song structure in nearly every instance), to the person who said "...Daytime TV" sounded like something Good Charlotte has produced, I can only assume you have never heard the song, and no-one ever compare them to the dross that is Lostprophets either. Yes they do sound American, but who doesn't nowadays? Would you really prefer Welsh accents? Come on, stop complaining!
Reply 52
Shouting Myke

Latest