The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
They don't interview, unless you are applying for study abroad.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
rebekaht
They don't interview, unless you are applying for study abroad.

Oh, i thought they interviewed if there were "exceptional circumstances" - my friend was interviewed last year and she was applying for straight law
Reply 3
Bluebubble
Oh, i thought they interviewed if there were "exceptional circumstances" - my friend was interviewed last year and she was applying for straight law

On the website, it states 'We interview most Law with European Legal System candidates and all candidates identified as requiring particular consideration, to whom we are contemplating making an offer.'
But generally, people don't get interviewed for straight Law. It's on UCAS form only.
Bluebubble

I was interviewed, it is actually more common than you think, I know of at least 4 other people who also had an interview. Generally it was because of conflicting LNAT and GCSE marks - I had outstanding academic marks and a 19 (slightly low score) on the LNAT.
Reply 5
Thanks :smile: it's just that i'm in my first year of uni doing history atm and i want to reapply for law, which is what i originally wanted to do. i have a strong academic profile from GCSE and AS, but my alevel results were only A*ABB so i don't actually meet the requirements and i have another A which i took early, giving me A*AABB altogether, but they said they might not accept that :frown: so i really want an interview to explain myself and prove to them that i can actually handle law!! xD
Bluebubble
Thanks :smile: it's just that i'm in my first year of uni doing history atm and i want to reapply for law, which is what i originally wanted to do. i have a strong academic profile from GCSE and AS, but my alevel results were only A*ABB so i don't actually meet the requirements and i have another A which i took early, giving me A*AABB altogether, but they said they might not accept that :frown: so i really want an interview to explain myself and prove to them that i can actually handle law!! xD

Just to correct you, that is not at all what the interview is for. The interview isn't a general chat session about how you could have done better at GCSE/A levels or for you to explain about why you'd be good at law. My interview just asked me questions on different legal scenarios, and asked me about current affairs - it wasn't an opportunity to explain myself as such, more an opportunity to "prove" I could handle interesting and theoretical situations.