What does this slang word mean? Watch

.Ali.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Someone mentioned it in class, and the teacher started shouting that he wouldn't have language like that being spoken. Everyone seemed to know what it was except me, I asked one of my friends and they didn't know either, and it's been bugging me ever since.

The word is "Rahsclart" or however you spell it. So yeah what is it? I've never heard it ever, until this one boy (who is an absolute idiot) said it.
T-go
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
An insulting West Indian term, which implies the recipient is the blood from a woman's vagina following a period. This is not to be confused with "bumbeclart" which is a reference to **** from an arse.
"eh rasclart, ya mudder, da ****** whore - she a bumbe clart. Wa your pun pun suffer, cause you a batty boy. A mon is poking his jaheebas upa - bo!"
MrCharmed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alissasantiago)
An insulting West Indian term, which implies the recipient is the blood from a woman's vagina following a period. This is not to be confused with "bumbeclart" which is a reference to **** from an arse.
"eh rasclart, ya mudder, da ****** whore - she a bumbe clart. Wa your pun pun suffer, cause you a batty boy. A mon is poking his jaheebas upa - bo!"
Is it really? Is this common in other parts of the country then? I've never heard it but, well, you hear something new everyday.
T-go
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MrCharmed)
Is it really? Is this common in other parts of the country then? I've never heard it but, well, you hear something new everyday.
No idea, haha. It's here
.Ali.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by alissasantiago)
Ewwww haha that's disgusting!

Kind of wish I hadn't asked now! :laugh:
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lol, great.
Onyx.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .Ali.)
Someone mentioned it in class, and the teacher started shouting that he wouldn't have language like that being spoken. Everyone seemed to know what it was except me, I asked one of my friends and they didn't know either, and it's been bugging me ever since.

The word is "Rahsclart" or however you spell it. So yeah what is it? I've never heard it ever, until this one boy (who is an absolute idiot) said it.
'Rasclart'

Ras- Ass
Clart- Cloth (How some west Indians would pronounce cloth)

Something you wipe your posterior with but it's also used as an expletive, so is 'raas' be itself which is a bit more timid. I would take 'bloodclart', another **** derog. term to mean a soiled sanitary towel (blood cloth)

There are variations: rasclart, bumbaclart, pussieclart...
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's used a lot in central london... my friend from Lewisham likes to say it in front of middle-aged people who look blankly at him.
grumpy1954
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's interesting, my secondary school had a feud with a nearby comprhensive school, apparently their school was built on my schools playing fieds. They outnumbered usaround 6 to 1, and I often got followed by some of the jamaican lads calling me ras clart. I had no idea what it meant, and in South London 50 years ago couldn't retaliate anyway as I'dve been accused of being racist.
Thomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by grumpy1954)
That's interesting, my secondary school had a feud with a nearby comprhensive school, apparently their school was built on my schools playing fieds. They outnumbered usaround 6 to 1, and I often got followed by some of the jamaican lads calling me ras clart. I had no idea what it meant, and in South London 50 years ago couldn't retaliate anyway as I'dve been accused of being racist.
Sounds dope grumpy gramps.
PreciousGyal1214
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yh it’s really common especially in the north
icequeenTM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
LMAOOOO i’m cacklinggggg
genezis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
********, it's Jamaican,not Indian
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by genezis)
********, it's Jamaican,not Indian
The West Indies are a group of islands in the Caribbean, including Jamaica. So it's therefore West Indian. Bruv.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Little Jacob said it a bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads