Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Andrew_S)
I consider you a nation - an abomiNATION

tee hee

anyway yeh I'd probably hate the Irish.
The Irish? What have you got against them?
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 101mphfastball)
Are you asking what nation I would hate?

I don't but I was asking cause I see so much complianin about the Unites States on UK Learning, so I just wondered if the US didnt exist, who would people complian about.
They don't hate Americans per se, they hate the one known as BUSH, and his policies.
Andrew_S
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
The Irish? What have you got against them?
Nothing. He asked if they got rid of the Americans, considering the heavy Irish population there I just thought it was the next logical nation.
fred0202
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
The French, oh we already do.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fred0202)
The French, oh we already do.
i like the french
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
They don't hate Americans per se, they hate the one known as BUSH, and his policies.
Sure people hate George Bush but I seen a ton of complianin and crtisizin about almost everythin American.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sure people hate George Bush but I seen a ton of complianin and crtisizin about almost everythin American.
We are British. You are like one of our sons, (with Canada). And so far you are not as good as your big brother.
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
We are British. You are like one of our sons, (with Canada). And so far you are not as good as your big brother.
lol.

Isn't this like never got over the break up of the Empire?
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There are a handful of people on here that hate everything american, that doesn't mean everyone on here does. Hell everyone is gonna have something they hate or dislike about another country or culture. This is a uk forum so of course you are gonna get some backlash here. Get over it. The rest of us have.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol.

Isn't this like never got over the break up of the Empire?
I think so. And also for not paying your taxes!
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think so. And also for not paying your taxes!
Hey now! The american govt. takes more than their fair share of taxes from me, take it up w/ them.
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
(Original post by Waya)
There are a handful of people on here that hate everything american, that doesn't mean everyone on here does. Hell everyone is gonna have something they hate or dislike about another country or culture. This is a uk forum so of course you are gonna get some backlash here. Get over it. The rest of us have.
I'm just pointing out something that is very evident, I'm sure if you looked at all the countries that people in this forum critisized in some way the US would come out no.1. I see it in so many threads, I was just makin a point, I havnt been psychologically scared cause of it, or nothin, or anythin, or somethin.
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This anti Americanism is just stupid; people who do it only do so because Michael Moore ironically told them to.
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm just pointing out something that is very evident, I'm sure if you looked at all the countries that people in this forum critisized in some way the US would come out no.1. I see it in so many threads, I was just makin a point, I havnt been psychologically scared cause of it, or nothin, or anythin, or somethin.
Yeah well, if you look at the big picture we are not the most popular country in the world at the moment considering Bush's actions. So it is understandable that there is alot of discussion going on about us.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whos Michael Moore?
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
(Original post by MurphysMoment.)
This anti Americanism is just stupid; people who do it only do so because Michael Moore ironically told them to.
Michael Moore said that?

Darn! Though he does do some good stuff. Stopped K-mart selling firearms or somethin. Although if I last recall K-mart are in financial trouble.
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
(Original post by Waya)
Yeah well, if you look at the big picture we are not the most popular country in the world at the moment considering Bush's actions. So it is understandable that there is alot of discussion going on about us.
I guess but I have been in the UK before George Bush was elected and it's only intensified certian feelings, or hatred. The amount of hate I recieve is same always, now its just I'm responsible for George Bush's actions.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
now its just I'm responsible for George Bush's actions.
Did you vote for him?
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Did you vote for him?
I wasn't in the States at the time and didnt vote.
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
If you are the world's only superpower you are inherently going to be hated because you have to do certain actions that no other country can do and also in the case of the French you are hated because they are jealous of all your power and they think that they should be in the role of the world's superpower
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads