Intelligence and ugliness Watch

This discussion is closed.
clarity
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
Don't really need to. So why did you change your "comedic genius" post to the word "mum", and not "yourself"?

course you dotn need to think of somethign funny, im sure your very respected here, makes a change from the real world probably. Get your daily fix of virtual e-respect.

ok im bored now cya later
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by clarity)
course you dotn need to think of somethign funny, im sure your very respected here, makes a change from the real world probably. Get your daily fix of virtual e-respect.

ok im bored now cya later
Not really, I have my mates to go around with.

And still you havn't answered my question.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Andrew_S)
Definately a link I'd say. Most of the intelligent students I've seen have been proper munters. Shame really.

I'm not ugly btw neither am I significantly intelligent.
Be carefull hwo you argu here. Its a matter of probability distribution. Lets say you considder 20% of the population to be beautiful, and 10% to be inteligent, then the amount of peopel which would be both is 10% out of 20%, which is 2%. Thsu 2% of the population is both beatiful and inteligent. However, the same holds for uggliness, so about 2% of the population is uggly and inteligent, and 2% is ugly and stupid. The eason these percentages are so small is because there are quite many people you would not classify as inteligent or beautiful, but more as Normal. Thsu the chance that somoene has normal inteligence and normal beaty may be something like (using the same figures for uggliness )

60% out of 80% = 48%

The error in your argument is that you assume that because few peopel are both smart and inteligent, most inteligent people must be uggly, whereas the distribution of beatiful people among inteligent people is most likely to be the same as for the entire population at a whole.
Andrew_S
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
You're both ugly.

Compliment?

Think about the post.

Ah, yeh.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You're both ugly.

Compliment?

Think about the post.

Ah, yeh.
What are you on about?
clarity
Report 15 years ago
I probably thought you were a girl.

An easy mistake to make im sure.
Andrew_S
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jonatan)
Be carefull hwo you argu here. Its a matter of probability distribution. Lets say you considder 20% of the population to be beautiful, and 10% to be inteligent, then the amount of peopel which would be both is 10% out of 20%, which is 2%. Thsu 2% of the population is both beatiful and inteligent. However, the same holds for uggliness, so about 2% of the population is uggly and inteligent, and 2% is ugly and stupid. The eason these percentages are so small is because there are quite many people you would not classify as inteligent or beautiful, but more as Normal. Thsu the chance that somoene has normal inteligence and normal beaty may be something like (using the same figures for uggliness )

60% out of 80% = 48%

The error in your argument is that you assume that because few peopel are both smart and inteligent, most inteligent people must be uggly, whereas the distribution of beatiful people among inteligent people is most likely to be the same as for the entire population at a whole.
That's all good and well, and I appreciate the intelligence of your post (not saying you're ugly). But I think there are more people I consider ugly than beautiful, I have pretty high standards really. Please someone show me some beautiful intelligent women.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by clarity)
I probably thought you were a girl.

An easy mistake to make im sure.
And I thought you were a tosser, an easy mistake to make.
Andrew_S
Rep:
?
What are you on about?
No, what are you on about.
clarity
Report 15 years ago
i suppose it would be for you. But then you must be
REAL REAL PRETTY, if you get my meaning.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No, what are you on about.
I was conversing with someone else. And I thought the above post might be related to ours.
Andrew_S
Rep:
?
I was conversing with someone else. And I thought the above post might be related to ours.
It was related.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And I thought you were a tosser, an easy mistake to make.
*chuckles* but was it indeed a mistake as such?
clarity
Report 15 years ago
yeap.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What would looks have to do with being intelligent or not? Are talking of the cheerleader theory? As in 'I'm too gorgeous to have to use my brain'
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I strongly belive that is a positive correlation between ugliness and intelligence, if I could be bothered to plot a graph using examples I would.

All the attractive women and by that I mean slappers that I come across are really stupid, and thats such a shame. I would like some photographic evidence of beautiful intelligent women, but they just don't exist.

I know some intelligent women who are very beautiful. And I'm female. So if you dare accuse me of any kind of bias then I will hit you very hard.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
I know some intelligent women who are very beautiful. And I'm female. So if you dare accuse me of any kind of bias then I will hit you very hard.
Sire carefully refrains from making any comments
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I know plenty of pretty attractive people of both sexes who are intelligent. I think people assume beautiful people are stupid (jealousy) it also depends on what you class as attractive. i think page 3 girls are generally stupid but then I dont think they are at all attractive either (ok this could be because I'm a woman but i dont think I'd fancy them if I was a bloke either)
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ugly people are more likely to stay in and get some work done because they feel the need to be successful in some part of their life. Although this isn't always the case
matouwah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Alizee Is Fit N Genious....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1199)
79.56%
Leave (308)
20.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed