This discussion is closed.
smaug
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
It's a well known fact that "Daddy" can swing it if there's contacts / past alumni... it doesn't happen that often though, and I don't think it's that big a deal to lose a small number of places to more deserving candidates for massive (continuing) financial gain, the penalty being someone selected getting a 2:2 instead of a 2:1 maybe.

I won't name names obviously but know a number of people here who's parental influence could have easily swung it. A member of royalty has BBC at A2 to start with.
Name 'em and shame 'em Jools ! Who is the member of royalty? Surely you can tell us that?
Mr. Darcy,esq.
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Thanks to everyone who replied. Everyone at my school is convinced that the Austrian dunce got in through the deplorable means of his fathers and nothing else, as he is a dickless fool with no integrity or intellectual acuity whatsover. I and others frequently annhilate him in minutes in arguements.

Cheers to Oxford and their blaringly hypocritical calls of meritocracy et al.
llama boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
It's a well known fact that "Daddy" can swing it if there's contacts / past alumni... it doesn't happen that often though, and I don't think it's that big a deal to lose a small number of places to more deserving candidates for massive (continuing) financial gain
Hardly. **** that and **** the scum who benefit from it.

Tell the people rejected because of it that it's "not that big a deal".
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (43)
8.1%
Confident (70)
13.18%
Indifferent (75)
14.12%
Unsure (136)
25.61%
Worried (207)
38.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise