Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    It's a well known fact that "Daddy" can swing it if there's contacts / past alumni... it doesn't happen that often though, and I don't think it's that big a deal to lose a small number of places to more deserving candidates for massive (continuing) financial gain, the penalty being someone selected getting a 2:2 instead of a 2:1 maybe.

I won't name names obviously but know a number of people here who's parental influence could have easily swung it. A member of royalty has BBC at A2 to start with.
    Name 'em and shame 'em Jools ! Who is the member of royalty? Surely you can tell us that?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to everyone who replied. Everyone at my school is convinced that the Austrian dunce got in through the deplorable means of his fathers and nothing else, as he is a dickless fool with no integrity or intellectual acuity whatsover. I and others frequently annhilate him in minutes in arguements.

Cheers to Oxford and their blaringly hypocritical calls of meritocracy et al.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    It's a well known fact that "Daddy" can swing it if there's contacts / past alumni... it doesn't happen that often though, and I don't think it's that big a deal to lose a small number of places to more deserving candidates for massive (continuing) financial gain
    Hardly. **** that and **** the scum who benefit from it.

Tell the people rejected because of it that it's "not that big a deal".

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.