Why are average girls more likely to have a boyfriend than pretty girls? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Pretty much every average (or slightly above average) girl has a boyfriend, but it seems like really pretty girls quite often don't. I'm usually quite surprised if I hear that an average girl doesn't have a boyfriend, but not at all if I hear that a pretty girl doesn't have one. One is this the case? Are guys intimidated by pretty girls so they go for the average one? Do they assume pretty girls are big-headed and are put off? Or do pretty girls just have higher standards so they more likely to be single? What do you think?
SaltyPiratePony
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Pretty much every average (or slightly above average) girl has a boyfriend, but it seems like really pretty girls quite often don't. I'm usually quite surprised if I hear that an average girl doesn't have a boyfriend, but not at all if I hear that a pretty girl doesn't have one. One is this the case? Are guys intimidated by pretty girls so they go for the average one? Do they assume pretty girls are big-headed and are put off? Or do pretty girls just have higher standards so they more likely to be single? What do you think?
depends. they are probably your "fit but they know it" girls, and use it to be single for care free sex
Beadle's About
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's because most men are intimidated by really pretty girls, therefore pretty girls don't get approached as much as you might think.

I've found it's actually HARDER to pick up an ugly or average girl than it is to pick up a really pretty one.

This myth that really hot girls get approached a lot has to die. They don't.

If you can be the sort of guy who is not intimidated by an ultra hot girl, i.e. you can keep your composure when around her, then it's easy to pick them up.

Oh, and there are 2 types of hot girl: those know know they are pretty, and those who don't realise how pretty they are. The former are harder to pick up than the latter.
Koobideh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I haven't noticed this tbh. I find they are just as likely as average girls to have a boyfriend.
UKguy29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've heard this before. But tbh, i don't know of any really attractive women without boyfriends. The ones that do break up seem to be with someone else within a matter of days / weeks.
James4d
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The rule really:

Hot girls are *****y, nice girls are ugly, and hot, nice girls are taken.
faber niger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Presumably because pretty girls aren't as likely to limit themselves to just one guy at a time.
HanZz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Na itz cuz am a playa fam
~Amy-Eliza~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think a lot of stunningly pretty girls are actually quite insecure, a lot more so than many "average" girls. I know girls who are completely beautiful, but don't realise it, and are too shy to accept compliments or approach guys.
HumanNature1992
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've noticed this too - maybe average girls seem to settle and are so insecure that they need a relationship to be content. Goodlooking girls dont need to settle :yep:
katyness
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you tell me about it... every single wierdo and ugly b/tch has a boyfriend and I dont ...
Threepigs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by katyness)
you tell me about it... every single wierdo and ugly b/tch has a boyfriend and I dont ...
You're probably just mega fit.
Dirac Delta Function
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Perhaps you assume that the prettier the girl, the more likely she is to be taken, and so even if they have the same likelihood of being taken, you perceive the difference between your expection and reality to be that she is less likely to be taken.
yurihammo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by James4d)
The rule really:

Hot girls are *****y, nice girls are ugly, and hot, nice girls are taken.
This is 100% true and you beat me to saying this :teeth:

Guys are usually used to being defeated by searingly hot girls that just reject them, so they go for what they can get.

Hot girls that are reading this:

NO ONE WILL CARE ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY IF YOU REFUSE TO INTERACT ON A PERSONAL LEVEL
James4d
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by yurihammo)

NO ONE WILL CARE ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY IF YOU REFUSE TO INTERACT ON A PERSONAL LEVEL
If only we could get this to ring in the head of every girl, we'd all be happier
.Ali.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They might be more picky, I agree with the higher standards one.

I wouldn't say I'm "really pretty", but I'm not ugly, and a lot of boys have asked me out, but I'm extremely picky and so I reject almost all of them. However, I have some friends who are 'average' looking, and they're flattered by any male attention tbh. So I'd go with that one. Ironically, two that asked me out are now dating two of my more average looking friends. :p:

Haha that made me sound conceited, which I'm not, just confident.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
I think it must be because hot girls are that little bit more intimidating and often have less self confidence so are harder to start a conversation with.
Tariq786
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Beadle's About)
It's because most men are intimidated by really pretty girls, therefore pretty girls don't get approached as much as you might think.
very true.

a test was actually done. where there was a bunch of guys and a panel of girl ranging from ugly - average - pretty.

the guys were blind folded and the were able to talk to all the girls without a problem. and when they took the blinds off and then told to choose a girl to flirt with.. none of them approached the ugly or pretty girls.
TSRavenclaw
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .Ali.)
They might be more picky, I agree with the higher standards one.

I wouldn't say I'm "really pretty", but I'm not ugly, and a lot of boys have asked me out, but I'm extremely picky and so I reject almost all of them. However, I have some friends who are 'average' looking, and they're flattered by any male attention tbh. So I'd go with that one. Ironically, two that asked me out are now dating two of my more average looking friends. :p:

Haha that made me sound conceited, which I'm not, just confident.

quota
ilovepolska
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
oh, that explains why I don't have a boyfriend then (: lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads