Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    What about 'slut'? I would have put the two on an equal footing.
    I find the first a tad more offensive, then again I've never been called a sl*t either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waya)
    I find the first a tad more offensive, then again I've never been called a sl*t either.
    I'm willing to bet you'll get your back up a little more if someone were to label you a slut. I doubt there would be many things worse than to be called as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm willing to bet you'll get your back up a little more if someone were to label you a slut. I doubt there would be many things worse than to be called as much.
    Yeah but if someone were to say it, I know it's not true. Yeah I'd be pissed off though. On the other hand I have been called a **** and it's just so damn degrading.

ReputationRep:
    i really dont like it I find it incredibly offensive. Its just a horrible word and really shouldnt be acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    I dont really like it when people use this 'txt' language, it takes me about half an hour to decipher it.

ReputationRep:
    That C word which obviously hasn't been spotted by the mods yet is a brilliant word and I don't find it offensive. Things like that offend you when you're prude...like my mum *shouts the word down to her*
    yeah she told me to wash my mouth out

ReputationRep:
    I believe it is simply derived from 'kunte', which is a Middle Dutch word for the vagina, which would have been as acceptable to speak at the time as the word vagina. It is society which has corrupted the word, it has a legitimate meaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarity)
    So come on, how do we feel about the word '****'
    *shocked* how adre you mention the word?

I think it's a funny word and after all it is just a four letter word, I don't see why their is such a bad emphasis on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    *shocked* how adre you mention the word?

I think it's a funny word and after all it is just a four letter word, I don't see why their is such a bad emphasis on it.
    Exactly, surely this word can be no more offensive than any other word. Is any here offended if I use the word 'banana'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Exactly, surely this word can be no more offensive than any other word. Is any here offended if I use the word 'banana'?
    I am. No I'm not really. I wouldn't be too bothered if my children (I don't have them) swore but I would be bothered if other people thought I was a bad mother. I'd also be bothered if they replaced every word with '****' etc.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.