This discussion is closed.
Waya
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
What about 'slut'? I would have put the two on an equal footing.
I find the first a tad more offensive, then again I've never been called a sl*t either.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Waya)
I find the first a tad more offensive, then again I've never been called a sl*t either.
I'm willing to bet you'll get your back up a little more if someone were to label you a slut. I doubt there would be many things worse than to be called as much.
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I'm willing to bet you'll get your back up a little more if someone were to label you a slut. I doubt there would be many things worse than to be called as much.
Yeah but if someone were to say it, I know it's not true. Yeah I'd be pissed off though. On the other hand I have been called a **** and it's just so damn degrading.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i really dont like it I find it incredibly offensive. Its just a horrible word and really shouldnt be acceptable.
capslock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont really like it when people use this 'txt' language, it takes me about half an hour to decipher it.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That C word which obviously hasn't been spotted by the mods yet is a brilliant word and I don't find it offensive. Things like that offend you when you're prude...like my mum *shouts the word down to her*
yeah she told me to wash my mouth out
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I believe it is simply derived from 'kunte', which is a Middle Dutch word for the vagina, which would have been as acceptable to speak at the time as the word vagina. It is society which has corrupted the word, it has a legitimate meaning.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by clarity)
So come on, how do we feel about the word '****'
*shocked* how adre you mention the word?

I think it's a funny word and after all it is just a four letter word, I don't see why their is such a bad emphasis on it.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
*shocked* how adre you mention the word?

I think it's a funny word and after all it is just a four letter word, I don't see why their is such a bad emphasis on it.
Exactly, surely this word can be no more offensive than any other word. Is any here offended if I use the word 'banana'?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Exactly, surely this word can be no more offensive than any other word. Is any here offended if I use the word 'banana'?
I am. No I'm not really. I wouldn't be too bothered if my children (I don't have them) swore but I would be bothered if other people thought I was a bad mother. I'd also be bothered if they replaced every word with '****' etc.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads