The Student Room Group

2011 medicine Lancaster

for anyone that's applying/applied to lancaster for medicine.

Scroll to see replies

I've applied to Lancaster :smile:. :p:
I've applied to Lancaster. :smile:
Reply 3
Has anyone applied to Lancaster?
Reply 4
Just as a heads up for you, you have a lecture at 9AM every morning from Liverpool (video) - AFAIK it is like liverpool in so much as that is your only lectures
Reply 5
so have i :smile:
I went up to the open day and I was really impressed. I expected it to be a bit sleepy hollow but I was really impressed. Anyone else go and have a look?
There's another Lancaster thread kicking about... it's not exactly throbbing... but still, not sure why they haven't merged that with this.

Thanks for giving us such useful information, it's great.
Lordmwa
Just as a heads up for you, you have a lecture at 9AM every morning from Liverpool (video) - AFAIK it is like liverpool in so much as that is your only lectures

How many A level resitters do they accept at Liverpool - do you know of any?
Reply 9
What do you mean by resit? I resat a module of chemisty and that is fine (most people do tbh) As far as im aware they do not accept people who have taken a whole course again but i didnt think there were any for medicine that did - I will go see the admissions office and ask them :smile:
Anyone heard anything yet? :smile:
I'm applying to Lancaster as well as Liverpool. I've received acknowledgements from both. Just waiting now!
Lol. Video lecture. Liverpool is way better if it is the same. :smile:
Reply 13
Hi

Does anybody know when Lancaster usually start to offer interviews to medicine applicants?

Do they send them at the same time as Liverpool? My friend received an interview offer yesterday from Liverpool; lucky person!
Hmm has anyone heard anything from Lancaster? Lots of Liverpool interviews but Lancaster appears to be dead :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Hmm has anyone heard anything from Lancaster? Lots of Liverpool interviews but Lancaster appears to be dead :s-smilie:

Haha you used to go to my school :wink:
I haven't heard anything yet either, the next couple of days should reveal all though
Congrats on your BSMS interview, good luck :smile:
Original post by m0man
Haha you used to go to my school :wink:
I haven't heard anything yet either, the next couple of days should reveal all though
Congrats on your BSMS interview, good luck :smile:

Interesting.. do I know you? :tongue:

Thanks :biggrin: good luck for your app :smile:. I reckon a lot of interviews will start coming out after the 5th when the UKCAT results are released to the Unis.
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Interesting.. do I know you? :tongue:

Thanks :biggrin: good luck for your app :smile:. I reckon a lot of interviews will start coming out after the 5th when the UKCAT results are released to the Unis.

Non UKCAT universities (eg Lancaster and Liverpool) need not wait for the results though. There have been a fair few Liv applicants called for interview, I suspect Lancaster will be hot on their heels.

Good luck, everyone.
Original post by ImWithTheBand
Non UKCAT universities (eg Lancaster and Liverpool) need not wait for the results though. There have been a fair few Liv applicants called for interview, I suspect Lancaster will be hot on their heels.

Good luck, everyone.

Agreed, I meant in general really.

Good luck to you too.
I had a dream last night that I was invited to interview by Lancaster. We played cricket during the interview and afterwards the bloke tossed me a white coat and said I'd passed and could start immediately. I hope it's a good omen. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply