A disturbing trend is emerging Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Am I the only person who has noticed the number of er....(how can I put this politically correct) "fat" women who decide to go round town at the weekend crammed into the smallest and tightest possible dress that they can find whilst showing as much flesh as possible.

I went out last night and was amazed that some of these girls/ women actually come out dressed like that - I would be embarrased.

Do these people even look in the mirror before they leave their house?

I thought the idea was for a women to dress to her stregnths, for example:

Nice legs - short skirt, nice figure - figure hugging dress etc...

Perhaps someone should tell these girls that men want everything in proportion (or prehaps a a bit top heavy . We do not go to bed fantasising about rolls of flesh hanging out as a size 16 girl tries to get into dress three sizes smaller just so she can tell everyone that she is wearing a size 10.

To round things off nicely they sit in the corner of the pub / bar chain smoking cigarretes and knocking back pints at an extrodinary rate.

There again, perhaps that is the root of the problem!
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Am I the only person who has noticed the number of er....(how can I put this politically correct) "fat" women who decide to go round town at the weekend crammed into the smallest and tightest possible dress that they can find whilst showing as much flesh as possible.

I went out last night and was amazed that some of these girls/ women actually come out dressed like that - I would be embarrased.

Perhaps someone should tell these girls that men want everything in proportion (or prehaps a a bit top heavy . We do not go to bed fantasising about rolls of flesh hanging out as a size 16 girl tries to get into dress three sizes smaller just so she can tell everyone that she is wearing a size 10.

To round things off nicely they sit in the corner of the pub / bar chain smoking cigarretes and knocking back pints at an extrodinary rate.

lol! i 100% agree!

In leeds, at night time, there are millions of overweight girls just running around in the skimpiest clothes!!!

they feel no shame!

I agree with you, the numbers are huge!

btw: Size 16? that isnt big.
s.ahmad3
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
isnt it a bit hypocritical wanting peopple you consider ugly to cover up, while people who you find attractive youre all for their right to wear what they want?

surely you should have a principle that either

a) people should dress modestly
b) people should wear what they want
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by s.ahmad3)
isnt it a bit hypocritical wanting peopple you consider ugly to cover up, while people who you find attractive youre all for their right to wear what they want?

surely you should have a principle that either

a) people should dress modestly
b) people should wear what they want
no i think hes saying that people should dress the best that suits them and makes them look the best. for all our sakes.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
no i think hes saying that people should dress the best that suits them and makes them look the best. for all our sakes.
ditto.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just avoid them types of clubs all together, I tend to go indie clubs (5th and 42nd street). The girls tend to dress with bigger skirts in those clubs. I went to a club in Oldham once and was shocked by the way some of girls there seemed to dress. I am can glady say that in Manchester (well at least the student clubs) the women tend to dress quite classy and sexy (not short skirts).
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well you havn't been to Leeds then. Some places its as you say classy, in others it is more assy.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I agree. If you don't have anything to show off, the least you shouldn't show off all the flab - in fact you should wear concealing things! It is most worrying. But I guess overweight people have desires to wear sexy things too.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Well it doesn't do any harm so why get bother? I say people should wear whatever they want to wear. If you don't find it attractive then go talk to people who you do find attractive. Lighten up a bit will yer!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you have it, flaunt it. If you dont, then DONT. What I hate most of all, and I am not being mean or anything, is when really unattractive people try and make themselves appealing by copying somebody else, in terms of hairstyle, makeup, dress sense, etc.
everyguysdream
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
But I guess overweight people have desires to wear sexy things too.
Theres sexy and then theres trashy, these girls sound trashy.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by everyguysdream)
Theres sexy and then theres trashy, these girls sound trashy.
I agree.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Perhaps someone should tell these girls that men want everything in proportion....

....There again, perhaps that is the root of the problem!
No, the root of the problem is your belief that the only motivation for a women's dress sense could be that it is what "men want".
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

they're not hurting you - don't look at them if you feel offended. I actually need to put on weight - i loathe being skinny.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
they're not hurting you - don't look at them if you feel offended. I actually need to put on weight - i loathe being skinny.
you can have some of mine if you want lol
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
you can have some of mine if you want lol
i don't have a very healthy diet - so i don't understand why i'm not putting any on. It's so annoying.
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I just avoid them types of clubs all together, I tend to go indie clubs (5th and 42nd street). The girls tend to dress with bigger skirts in those clubs. I went to a club in Oldham once and was shocked by the way some of girls there seemed to dress. I am can glady say that in Manchester (well at least the student clubs) the women tend to dress quite classy and sexy (not short skirts).
Just out of interest, which club did you do to... I'm intrigued.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
i don't have a very healthy diet - so i don't understand why i'm not putting any on. It's so annoying.
or maybe it should be the other way round, and i should cut down on the choclate, which i will have to do when i start uni this sept in order not to be skint
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
No, the root of the problem is your belief that the only motivation for a women's dress sense could be that it is what "men want".
I know loads of girls who go out on a regular basis and the two criteria when getting dressed are:

1. Look / feel good.
2. Get male attention.

What other possible motivations are there?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know loads of girls who go out on a regular basis and the two criteria when getting dressed are:

1. Look / feel good.
2. Get male attention.

What other possible motivations are there?
Maybe what they wear makes them feel good, so you've already contradicted yourself. Besides, you really don't know every girl ever, because believe it or not, they're not all the same.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads