A disturbing trend is emerging Watch

This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
You are totally missing the CONTEXT of the debate (which is rapidly becoming an argument).
Are you really surprised? You've just insulted every single overweight female in the world.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I only read the first page, I couldn't be bothered to read the rest of it.
Waste my life doing that anyway
Ooooh Smile I got a letter today about an interview at Surrey.
hated your last comment but congratualations.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I was about to add, that a lot of my tops come above my belly button, and I'm quite lucky that I have a rather flat stomach compared to a lot of people. However these tops that rise above my stomach are my size....12/14 or whatever... I'm not overly tall only 5 foot 6 to be precise so If I am showing tummy off obviouly if other people are showing it off and it's a bit what you would say "flabby" shouldn't we blame it on the people that make clothes, not the ones who buy them
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have made valid points, the only reasonable argument to contest what I am saying is that people should be able to wear what they want which is fine by me.

Just to reiterate the main post I was asking why people who are clearly "fat" decide to flaunt what they have got as if they think it is something to shout about.
maybe they're proud to be wahtever weight they are.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
hated your last comment but congratualations.
Didn't mean it in that context... meant the people that go out of their way to be a size six, I used to be a size 6 and weighed five stone up until I was 15 then puberty kicked in.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I was about to add, that a lot of my tops come above my belly button, and I'm quite lucky that I have a rather flat stomach compared to a lot of people. However these tops that rise above my stomach are my size....12/14 or whatever... I'm not overly tall only 5 foot 6 to be precise so If I am showing tummy off obviouly if other people are showing it off and it's a bit what you would say "flabby" shouldn't we blame it on the people that make clothes, not the ones who buy them
this has nothing to really do with this thread, but do you find your size varies in whatever shop you go in, i'm a six in river island and gap, whereas i'm an eight in new look and several other shops!!! Which is why shopping is hard work, especially when you're 5'3 as well
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have made valid points, the only reasonable argument to contest what I am saying is that people should be able to wear what they want which is fine by me.

Just to reiterate the main post I was asking why people who are clearly "fat" decide to flaunt what they have got as if they think it is something to shout about.
dunno......but frankly, ur point is too verbose !!!
And may offend some people.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Didn't mean it in that context... meant the people that go out of their way to be a size six, I used to be a size 6 and weighed five stone up until I was 15 then puberty kicked in.
i don't get a kick out of being skinny, i hate it - why - because i don't like the petite look. But i guess everyone should be proud of whatever size they are and wear whatever they want to wear...it's about you not what other people think
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Specially that twat, but can I just add I'm not actually overweight nor am I close to being overweight. I'm just a little bigger round the hips...bugger to buy clothes, they fit my length but I can't get my arse in *sob* hehe
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Are you really surprised? You've just insulted every single overweight female in the world.
um, no because it overweight is subjective and it varies within the individual's eyes. He was not complaining about overweight, he was coplaining about people flautnign something they dont have (ie a nice, healthy body).
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
i agree with you for once - how amazing?!
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i agree with you for once - how amazing?!

lol...thanx a lot.....that helped a lot !!!
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
Is this not a reflection of the society that we live in?

A TV presenter makes some valid albeit slightly controversial statements about Arab states and gets hauled off air and forced to resign. The fact that the same article was printed first time round during the second Iraq war and no one minded it then seems to have gone completly amiss.

Ann Robinson makes some off the cuff remark about the Welsh and is hauled in for questioning by the Police on allegations of racism.

Teachers can no longer refer to a blackboard as a blackboard because it may offend people who are er...black.

And now we cant talk about fat people for risk of offending someone.

But hey - its ok to go on bashing America and Israel isn't it?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Because we are right, they need to be bashed. And since they are wrong, they can't defend themselves.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

A TV presenter makes some valid albeit slightly controversial statements about Arab states and gets hauled off air and forced to resign. The fact that the same article was printed first time round during the second Iraq war and no one minded it then seems to have gone completly amiss.

Ann Robinson makes some off the cuff remark about the Welsh and is hauled in for questioning by the Police on allegations of racism.

Teachers can no longer refer to a blackboard as a blackboard because it may offend people who are er...black.

everyone's just going round and round, can't we just come to a simple conclusion? Who would like to start?
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Specially that twat, but can I just add I'm not actually overweight nor am I close to being overweight. I'm just a little bigger round the hips...bugger to buy clothes, they fit my length but I can't get my arse in *sob* hehe
I love people like you, you come onto internet message boards with no other method of atriculating yourself other than abusing others.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Not to mention it being illegal to advertise bacon sandwiches in a highly ethnically populated area, to say that the top ten richest people there is underepresentation for the ethnic minorities because there are 3 there, that's 30% when the country's actual total is 8%.
To be boxed in the label of white when there are pakistani, Bengal, Indian, Afro-Carribean boxes...hello does it matter I'm English..

sorry i'm ranting
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
everyone's just going round and round, can't we just come to a simple conclusion? Who would like to start?
Conclusion -

Too many girls go out trying to "flaunt it" when they simply have not "got it". Instead they end up flaunting flab.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love people like you, you come onto internet message boards with no other method of atriculating yourself other than abusing others.
but you were doing the same thing -except more implicitly - you probably didn't mean it but i think you offended some people
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whether they "have it" or not is simply a matter of opinion
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
31.82%
No (13)
59.09%
Don't know (2)
9.09%

Watched Threads