The Student Room Group

Malpractice insurance for Medical Electives

I am a foreign medical student how can i get a malpractice insurance if i am coming to UK for a medical elective program!:confused:
Reply 1
I'm not sure that you would necessarily need malpractice insurance, as such. In the UK, British students are indemnified by the NHS trust that they are placed in and are covered by it's insurance, I suspect that the same thing would apply to you.

However, many senior students are members of, one or more of, the Medical Defence Union, the Medical Protection Society and The Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland. Your country, whichever it is, presumably has similar and presumably offers membership to you - they may be the first people to speak to as they may offer you cover in the UK.
I am also in similar situation. Ineed malpractice insurance for electives but i MPS,MDU and MDDU do not help overseas students from now on
Reply 3
Did you guys figure out an answer to this? So frustrating about MDU and MPS changing their policies.
(I'm a UK student but I'm looking on behalf of international incoming elective students for the IFMSA's professional exchange programme.)
Original post by gemmabug
Did you guys figure out an answer to this? So frustrating about MDU and MPS changing their policies.
(I'm a UK student but I'm looking on behalf of international incoming elective students for the IFMSA's professional exchange programme.)

Hi,

Did you manage to find anything? I’m doing a clinical elective in the Uk and have been trying to find private insurers but to no avail so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending