The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey I know how it feel I'm 19 too and hair loss is terribly depressing but there are two product's that are proved by the FDA and MRHA or something, they are legal bodies that certify if drugs are safe and not. Minoxidle and propacia are the one's to go for. Do some research on them, propacia is supposed to work more but has some side effect but only effect 2% of the test study. you can buy propacia but can be expensive but if your in the UK boot's does a programme called Hair Retention where you can buy the product for £90 per 3 month (also its a tablet and you have to consume one per day) so essentially a pound per day. Hope this helps=]
Original post by Sharahman
Hey I know how it feel I'm 19 too and hair loss is terribly depressing but there are two product's that are proved by the FDA and MRHA or something, they are legal bodies that certify if drugs are safe and not. Minoxidle and propacia are the one's to go for. Do some research on them, propacia is supposed to work more but has some side effect but only effect 2% of the test study. you can buy propacia but can be expensive but if your in the UK boot's does a programme called Hair Retention where you can buy the product for £90 per 3 month (also its a tablet and you have to consume one per day) so essentially a pound per day. Hope this helps=]

I presume you'll be familiar with the class-actuon suit going on against pfizer over the claims of permanent sexual dysfunction in people taking propecia.

Me, I'm here, 20, still going noticeably bald. Just gonna roll with it for now, will in all honesty probably get a hair transplant at some point, some of the more advanced techniques are actually very difficult to spot...
Reply 42
Yep heard that =/, but the results the FDA states that 2% of men had the side effect and the number of men taking the medication may be vast and only the few people are reporting and filing law suites against the company. but do agree with you very risky business=s. i think minoxidle all the way then =]. damn why does research take so long............
I have since i was 16! it may be because of iron deficiency, but i doubt it..
Reply 44
Original post by Ultimate1
1). I've only just recently started the treatment (2 weeks ago) but the weak looking and sparse hair have grown :woo:

2).Massage all over the SCALP but when combing, focus more on where the major hair loss is.

3). I am still carrying it out everyday and have seen amazing results. My hair loss stopped almost immediately (3-4 days ) and I have been doing it daily now. Fingers crossed my hair continues to grow :o:

Was that putting oliver oil on your scalp that stopped your hair loss? Mine has started at front and temples a bit, thanks
Reply 45
Original post by newts2k
Was that putting oliver oil on your scalp that stopped your hair loss? Mine has started at front and temples a bit, thanks

Mate, I honestly do not know. I doubt it works. Someone told me this to try it before when I thought I was losing it, but I went to a derm who told me I just had a bit of seasonal shedding and it wasn't hair loss. Thank God, I was so relieved.

If your hair loss has just started, the first thing I'll recommend you to do is go to a hair derm and get your hair checked out. It'll be very beneficial for you and your derm will guide you from there.
Reply 46
Original post by Ultimate1
Mate, I honestly do not know. I doubt it works. Someone told me this to try it before when I thought I was losing it, but I went to a derm who told me I just had a bit of seasonal shedding and it wasn't hair loss. Thank God, I was so relieved.

If your hair loss has just started, the first thing I'll recommend you to do is go to a hair derm and get your hair checked out. It'll be very beneficial for you and your derm will guide you from there.

oh cool, fair enough, Im pretty sure mine is stress related. I've had a lot of tension in my back and shouders for a while and I cant seem to shake it off and I've noticed that it has been hapening since then
Original post by legaleye
Any other guys suffering from this? I'm only 19 and started to lose hair, obviously makes you feel like a bit of a s***. Does anyone know cures or hair loss pills or ways to prevent further hair loss?

Thanks guys :smile:

The following are some things that you should take into account when trying to reduce hair fall
Diet and Nutrition:While diet alone won’t save your hair, there may be some truth to the old adage that you are what you eat. You’re not going to have the healthiest hair if you’re living off doughnuts, because being nutrient-deficient weakens strands and makes them more prone to breakage, While nutritious eating isn’t going to bring your hair back by any means, eating plenty of protein-rich foods and healthy fats can make the hair that you still have look thicker and shinier.” Skimping on the B vitamins in particular can interfere with the formation of hair cells and, therefore, hair growth. The best sources of Bs are protein-packed foods like chicken, fish, eggs, and pork, as well as leafy greens such as spinach. (These foods are also good for melting belly fat, so it’s a win win).

You’ve no doubt heard of Nioxin, a brand of hair care products aimed at fighting thinning hair. But can a shampoo or spray reverse baldness? “Nioxin is negligible in terms of helping with hair loss,” says Dr. Joyce. “There’s no shampoo out there that will actually stop hair loss.”
While you won’t find a miracle shampoo on the market, nioxin and some other products can help keep your scalp in tip-top shape to improve the look of any hairs you do have left on your head. In fact, feeding your hair with the proper nutrients both inside and out can make it appear healthier, so you might consider using products with natural herbs, such as rosemary and mint.
Compared to your typical shampoos, those made with these types of ingredients may help stimulate your scalp naturally to boost blood circulation and better nourish hair follicles. One to try: Bio Follicle’s Rosemary & Mintshampoo, conditioner, and scalp-stimulating spray made with organic essential oils such as peppermint and spearmint.
Bonus: The formula has no harsh chemicals, such as sulfates or parabens. Laser light therapy- In-office laser light treatments or at-home handheld devices, such as the HairMax LaserComb, supposedly grow new hair by stimulating blood flow to the area (think: an amped-up version of a scalp-stimulating shampoo). Just don’t expect the device to make your noggin go from looking like George Costanza’s to Jerry Seinfeld’s. “These lasers won’t grow any new hair. If anything, they

. Laser light therapy

In-office laser light treatments or at-home handheld devices, such as the HairMax LaserComb, supposedly grow new hair by stimulating blood flow to the area (think: an amped-up version of a scalp-stimulating shampoo). Just don’t expect the device to make your noggin go from looking like George Costanza’s to Jerry Seinfeld’s. “These lasers won’t grow any new hair. If anything, they may just help you hang on to some of the hair that you already have a bit longer,” says Dr. Joyce.
Laser light therapy is not a baldness solution, and the HairMax takes a time commitment: You have to use the product for 15 minutes a day, three days a week and you have to keep using it indefinitely to get results. Still, laser light therapy has no major side effects, and may be best for men who have noticed some increased shedding and want to maintain more of the hair they have on their head.

<br>

Nioxin shampoo

You’ve no doubt heard of Nioxin, a brand of hair care products aimed at fighting thinning hair. But can a shampoo or spray reverse baldness? “Nioxin is negligible in terms of helping with hair loss,” says Dr. Joyce. “There’s no shampoo out there that will actually stop hair loss.”
While you won’t find a miracle shampoo on the market, nioxin and some other products can help keep your scalp in tip-top shape to improve the look of any hairs you do have left on your head. In fact, feeding your hair with the proper nutrients both inside and out can make it appear healthier, so you might consider using products with natural herbs, such as rosemary and mint.
Compared to your typical shampoos, those made with these types of ingredients may help stimulate your scalp naturally to boost blood circulation and better nourish hair follicles. One to try: Bio Follicle’s Rosemary & Mint shampoo, conditioner, and scalp-stimulating spray made with organic essential oils such as peppermint and spearmint.
Bonus: The formula has no harsh chemicals, such as sulfates or parabens.

<br>
hi this is bizz now my age is 20 . about 1 year from now i had huge amount of hair.but in recent 8 month i have to deal with great amount of hair fall.i shaved my head and my hair fall stopped and have regain my hair back.but now i am facing same problem now and for this my hair become thinner.
what should i do ?
Hello Please don't use chemical products on your hair. normally you can wash your hair with hot water with shampoo.
Reply 50
My brother went through the same thing around the same age as you. It sucks, but just embrace it rather than trying to hide it. honestly, if you're prematurely balding just keep it short. Things liek rogaine can help but in the end if its in your genes you can't fight it. And don't try to hide it with a comb over or anything, we all notice :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending