This discussion is closed.
Weirdo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Has anyone heard from UCL yet? :confused: I've got all the offers I need really, but it would still be nice to hear from them!

*Tara*
Veedy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Weirdo)
Has anyone heard from UCL yet? :confused: I've got all the offers I need really, but it would still be nice to hear from them!

*Tara*
I have, it was for geography.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got an acknowledgement postcard from them for my law application
Cacambo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
BBC offer for Russian & French
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah in early dec after interview
AAB/e Computer Science
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I heard yesterday that I have an interview coming up in February (medicine) - it's different timings for different departments though
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got an offer for studying economics. they want AAA.
has any1 heard from LSE for straight economics yet?
Specialheffa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Received my offer for English in December, AAB!
SAM*
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
I heard yesterday that I have an interview coming up in February (medicine) - it's different timings for different departments though
LUCY-Well done! So you only have Imperial left- which one would u prob opt for out of Oxbridge/KCL/ UCL and IMP (which i'm sure u'll get into to)? i still haven't heard anything but called some unis and dey said my app was still under consideration so i am treating no news as good news!
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)
Received my offer for English in December, AAB!
I applied for English too and all I've had from them is an email acknowledging my application and stating that they 'currently have many forms to process,' etc.
WILKO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey

i got same offer from UCL for economics - AAA
no, havent heard from LSE yet. or nottingham.

where else have u got offers from?
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Evil Muffin)
I applied for English too and all I've had from them is an email acknowledging my application and stating that they 'currently have many forms to process,' etc.
I never got that, just a call the day before they wanted me for interview (since i live in London). Then went to the interview the next day!

Good luck with your application
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)
I never got that, just a call the day before they wanted me for interview (since i live in London). Then went to the interview the next day!

Good luck with your application
Did they ask you to complete a piece of practical criticism? They've told me that's what I'm to do after my interview next week.
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
LUCY-Well done! So you only have Imperial left- which one would u prob opt for out of Oxbridge/KCL/ UCL and IMP (which i'm sure u'll get into to)? i still haven't heard anything but called some unis and dey said my app was still under consideration so i am treating no news as good news!
aww thanks Sam, I haven't got in yet so I'll let you know how it goes If I get all my choices I'll probably put Oxford as my firm and then I'm really unsure about choosing between UCL and Imp for my insurance :confused: But I'll cross that bridge if I come to it Strangely enough this is the first time I'm feeling really nervous about an interview - I guess I slacked off the 'preparation' during the Christmas holidays

Don't worry about not hearing, a couple of friends from school still haven't heard from anywhere for medicine apart from Cam (they both got in) - they submitted their forms slightly later than mine so I'm positive you guys will hear soon enough !
meltingmetal
Report 16 years ago
also applied for eng and have only had the email saying we're busy etc... it's fairly annoying as I have all my other offers in& it's coursework a-go-go at college so I really would like the notice for any (hopefully) interview. Hohum- hot chocolate awaits &the world once again is a happy place in my little bubble.....
shunooh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes i have been accepted for staright eco....AAA including maths....does anyone know what is the average starting salary for someone from UCL starting of in an invesment bank?
Soumak
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by shunooh)
yes i have been accepted for staright eco....AAA including maths....does anyone know what is the average starting salary for someone from UCL starting of in an invesment bank?
Got into LSE for straight eco - AAA including maths and eco. Yah i was thinkin bout that - do u no which is more reputable on the job market - UCL or Wariwck?

Bye
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
Did they ask you to complete a piece of practical criticism? They've told me that's what I'm to do after my interview next week.
Yep. You have an interview (i had it with two lovely people!), then you have 45min to critically appreciate (practical criticism) an unseen piece of text, poem or prose!

Good luck
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by WILKO)
hey

i got same offer from UCL for economics - AAA
no, havent heard from LSE yet. or nottingham.

where else have u got offers from?
iv got york - ABB, bath - AAB and warwick - AAB as well as pooey AAA from ucl...

Soumak - i dont no u but congrats on LSE! wen did u hear from them?
WILKO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Soumak)
Got into LSE for straight eco - AAA including maths and eco. Yah i was thinkin bout that - do u no which is more reputable on the job market - UCL or Wariwck?

Bye
Have i read this right? u got offer from LSE for pure economics? how long ago did u hear?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (218)
68.13%
No (102)
31.88%

Watched Threads