Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    Could you help me?

Can someone help me with these 2 questions? First one is How do the results for elecrolysing compounds in soloution deffer from the results for electrolysing molten compounds?
    Second is Which4 elements are present in the solution of sodium sulphate in water? Where does the hydrogen come from when it is formed at the cathode during the electrolysis of sodiun sulphate solution? Need help badly guys just these two questions need answering
    Love
    Tish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laiticia)
    Hi guys
    Could you help me?

Can someone help me with these 2 questions? First one is How do the results for elecrolysing compounds in soloution deffer from the results for electrolysing molten compounds?
    Second is Which4 elements are present in the solution of sodium sulphate in water? Where does the hydrogen come from when it is formed at the cathode during the electrolysis of sodiun sulphate solution? Need help badly guys just these two questions need answering
    Love
    Tish
    Solution-something to do with aqueous-therefore water involved-maybe hydrogen/oxygen evolved from the water.

ReputationRep:
    First one is How do the results for elecrolysing compounds in soloution deffer from the results for electrolysing molten compounds?
    In a molten solution the cation (e.g. sodium) is evolved at the cathode. In an aqueous solution it is hydrogen.

Second is Which4 elements are present in the solution of sodium sulphate in water?
    Sodium, sulphur, oxygen and hydrogen.

Where does the hydrogen come from when it is formed at the cathode during the electrolysis of sodiun sulphate solution?
    The H+ ions from the water, since the water ionises to form OH- ions and H+ ions.

J.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.