Your view oof the Republican War Campaign, please help!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
christopher1441
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I am a University Professor in the U.S. and am looking for your opinions about this war and how it's cost will effect other programs, in other words, are other programs that are needed in "all of our countries" going to suffer from the cost and hardship of this event?

Thank you for your honest replies....
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Perhaps have a look here:

http://www.observer.co.uk/business/s...919836,00.html

and this cartoon:

Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Interesting that you call it the "republican war campaign" rather than the American War campaign. Very Schumpeter.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hello

I maybe wrong but doesnt Britain still owe the US a great deal of money from World War II? Firstly, will debt increase if we need to borrow more to fight this war and will that be the same for other countries? Secondly, does the US ask for higher repayments from other countries during wars as they need the money?

In the UK, has the firefighters' strikes had to stop due to the war. I hear someone saying they had...although I think they found that out from a comedy show (Frank Skinner I think) so it may be slightly wrong. Anyway, if they have then firefighters are suffering as they cannot demonstrate for their right to have a higher wage (I dont want to start a discussion about whether they should have increased wages because I dont know enough about the situation).

When you say programs needed, what do you mean? Isnt a great deal of money spent on developing new technologies to fight wars? If Im honest, I have no idea where half the money goes that is paid in tax etc. I dont know of any "programs" that the UK government do. Obviously Russia and the US have the space program which will probably loose money whilst the war is going on but its not really "needed".

Will the government move some of the tax money they have been giving to schools, hospitals etc over to the war fund? Or will they just raise taxes? If that is the case, then many people will loose out because of the war. However, are those effects equal to the effects of the people actually getting bombed etc? I dont think so. We wont really feel the war much unless we are actually attacked ourselves. Ok so we might loose some money here are there but we are not living in constant terror of being bombed or shot because the war is happening miles and miles away. We can just sit snuggly on our sofa and watch it all on the news.

Sorry I wandered of the point slightly at the end but you kind of get the point.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads