The Student Room Group

Lost my bus pass. :(

I bought a bus pass to go to work and uni, it cost me £85 for 10 weeks.

On Friday I went straight from uni to work, this was the last time I had my pass. I went to work and got changed into my uniform in the toilets i'm pretty sure I had my pass still at this point because I think I remember seeing it when I put the flower clip I had in my hair in one of the side pockets of my bag where I keep my pass.

Now my bag was too big to put it in my locker so I took my phone and purse out of my bag and put it in my locker, then put my bag round the side of the locker in one of the corners.

I can't find my bus pass now. I'm so sure I've lost it in work, I've asked the admin office and they don't know where it is either. I could have dropped out from when i went to from the toilets to the lockers (only a few feet away) but I'm not sure about that, or someone could have stolen it. (I think i might have left my bag open a bit so you could see it.)

Anyway the bus company say on the conditions on their website that they don't replace bus cards.

I'm so gutted because I spent £85 on it and only bought it last week. I bought it with my own money, and obviously I don't earn much at this age.

Does anyone have any advice? Noone at work was very helpful...

I may have the reciept for the pass (not sure) but I do have a mini statement to show that I've bought the pass.

Reply 1
Really wanted to laugh at you - quite a lot infact - but I feel guilty now.

I really don't know if there's anything you can do, unfortunately bus companies are ********* and don't allow for any real sort of system that allows you to claim for a stolen bus pass and whatnot.

Sorry OP.
You usually have to go through the police lost and found, and pay a smaller fee for a replacement so long as you have proof of purchase. Mini statement might suffice tbh. But if you did have your reciept and some ID you can use that as normal on the bus.

This is all because I know someone who's just lost their bus pass too
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
All I can advise is go to the travel place you bought it from on monday with your student card id and the reciept and ask if they can give you a replacement. Though I doubt they will :/

At least you can claim travel expenses back at the end of the year.
Reply 4
rebecca871
All I can advise is go to the travel place you bought it from on monday with your student card id and the reciept and ask if they can give you a replacement. Though I doubt they will :/

At least you can claim travel expenses back at the end of the year.

Nah no expenses. i don't have a loan. gr! :p:
Reply 5
ergh so angry at myself!
Reply 6
I have the receipt and went to the station and they were like we don't do replacements we're only the middle man blahblahblah.
I can't actually afford to buy a new one fs! I phoned the bus company and they didn't answerrr.

Hmm anyone got any advice for tomorrow when I speak to them? It's a 10 week bus pass, so it has my picture on it though someone could easily stick their own pic over it.

I'm so annoyed. They should have a better system than this though rather than sorry but we don't give a ****, i mean 85 quid - that's a lot of money.
Reply 7
I have lost my bus pass aswell but if you go on the online thing you could get a bus pass for £10 and It will come less then 10 days. If you are a child u could go on buses if the driver is nice if not of you go but if you are a adult then you would have to pay or you could get a temporary bus pass to use until your new one comes. I really hoped this help and if it didn't then sorry and please reply back if it is helpful
Original post by Taniesha
I have lost my bus pass aswell but if you go on the online thing you could get a bus pass for £10 and It will come less then 10 days. If you are a child u could go on buses if the driver is nice if not of you go but if you are a adult then you would have to pay or you could get a temporary bus pass to use until your new one comes. I really hoped this help and if it didn't then sorry and please reply back if it is helpful

look at the date of the thread before replying

Latest