The Student Room Group
Reply 1
kannary1
hi every

i'm a GCSE student and nearly sitting my exams and i was wondering if any1 has information on the sort of grades that i need to get on GCSE and A level to do medecine in UCL maybe and tell me what their requirements ae .
thank you and bye

For medicine in London you're probably looking at mainly As and A*s at GCSE and straight As at A level.

Good Luck!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 2
GCSEs you'll need mostly As, with a handful of A*s at least, e.g. 5As 5A*s. Alot more important though is your AS levels next year, where you'll need AAAA or AAAAA to be confident of even a chance.
Reply 3
AAB at least, and if tyou weant to stand out of the crowd all GCSE grades must be A's or A*
kannary1
hi every

i'm a GCSE student and nearly sitting my exams and i was wondering if any1 has information on the sort of grades that i need to get on GCSE and A level to do medecine in UCL maybe and tell me what their requirements ae .
thank you and bye

i agree there's an emphasis on grades but you also need to have done some extracurricular activities such as work expierience which highlights your key interest in medicine - it'll make you personal statement look great.
Reply 5
Grades are important, as people say, but the med schools tend to look for something more.

As an absolute minimum, I know that some people have got in to med school with say, 2A* 4A 3B etc and then AABB at AS. But most applicants have better grades than that - its just that they showed a real commitment and passion about becoming a doctor.

But, TBH, just do as best you can, remember that GCSEs are a game...it's about following the syllabus / past papers, knowing what sort of things are going to come up, and jumping through the hoops accordingly...

Latest

Trending

Trending