This discussion is closed.
kannary1
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hi every

i'm a GCSE student and nearly sitting my exams and i was wondering if any1 has information on the sort of grades that i need to get on GCSE and A level to do medecine in UCL maybe and tell me what their requirements ae .
thank you and bye
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kannary1)
hi every

i'm a GCSE student and nearly sitting my exams and i was wondering if any1 has information on the sort of grades that i need to get on GCSE and A level to do medecine in UCL maybe and tell me what their requirements ae .
thank you and bye
For medicine in London you're probably looking at mainly As and A*s at GCSE and straight As at A level.

Good Luck!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
GCSEs you'll need mostly As, with a handful of A*s at least, e.g. 5As 5A*s. Alot more important though is your AS levels next year, where you'll need AAAA or AAAAA to be confident of even a chance.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
AAB at least, and if tyou weant to stand out of the crowd all GCSE grades must be A's or A*
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kannary1)
hi every

thank you and bye
i agree there's an emphasis on grades but you also need to have done some extracurricular activities such as work expierience which highlights your key interest in medicine - it'll make you personal statement look great.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Grades are important, as people say, but the med schools tend to look for something more.

As an absolute minimum, I know that some people have got in to med school with say, 2A* 4A 3B etc and then AABB at AS. But most applicants have better grades than that - its just that they showed a real commitment and passion about becoming a doctor.

But, TBH, just do as best you can, remember that GCSEs are a game...it's about following the syllabus / past papers, knowing what sort of things are going to come up, and jumping through the hoops accordingly...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed