The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Excuse me but when people are making snide remarks at you for eating because it offends their religion...you know that important thing you do like breathing, at LUNCH TIME.
I felt like turning around and saying well we aren't Islamic so we don't have to not effing eat. But I held my tongue.
Reply 21
Danithestudent
Excuse me but when people are making snide remarks at you for eating because it offends their religion...you know that important thing you do like breathing, at LUNCH TIME.
I felt like turning around and saying well we aren't Islamic so we don't have to not effing eat. But I held my tongue.

I was reffering to both acts of intolerance.....
Reply 22
im tired of people complaining that there are so many immigrants here who are speaking their own language and carrying on with their own customs and religions, and then when these people themselves emigrate they carry on speakig english and doing inglish stuff abroad.
Reply 23
Colonisation is not MOVING to a new country.
It is invading and dominating the indigenous peoples.
It doesn't come dressed up in a Pickford's van for heaven's sake!
MattG
for example if you were muslim in this country (Uk) your treatment of women would be in line with your religion not the country you live in.

what might link in here is the french govs decision to ban headscarfs.

The thing here tho is i feel bad for sikhs who will be banned wearing turbans. its an integral part of their religion, and when push comes to shove they will be forced to choose between state education and religion.
Not entirely in line with these European Human rights that we get shoved down our throats by the tw*ts on the continent
J
foolfarian
The thing here tho is i feel bad for sikhs who will be banned wearing turbans. its an integral part of their religion, and when push comes to shove they will be forced to choose between state education and religion.
Not entirely in line with these European Human rights that we get shoved down our throats by the tw*ts on the continent
J

My dear friend, your lack of islamic knowledge has put you in a position where you can't/won't accept that muslim women have to cover themselves up as part of their religion too!
Reply 26
Colonisation/ emigration, not religion.
Reply 27
elpaw
im tired of people complaining that there are so many immigrants here who are speaking their own language and carrying on with their own customs and religions, and then when these people themselves emigrate they carry on speakig english and doing inglish stuff abroad.

Quite.
Reply 28
foolfarian
J

Did you see that IHT article from earlier in the week?
kildare
Did you see that IHT article from earlier in the week?

IHT? Not sure. (dunno what it means)

As for "My dear friend, your lack of islamic knowledge has put you in a position where you can't/won't accept that muslim women have to cover themselves up as part of their religion too!"
I disagree
To a Sikh the turban is quintessential. Just like church for christians, or no alcohol to muslims. Covering up of women is an interpretation of the koran. Or is it NOT in the koran, and in Muhammed's teachings? Not sure, but I know from theology that it isn't an essential part of the religion.
Not that I think the French government has anymore right to force muslims to remove headscarves.
J
Reply 30
foolfarian
IHT? Not sure. (dunno what it means)

As for "My dear friend, your lack of islamic knowledge has put you in a position where you can't/won't accept that muslim women have to cover themselves up as part of their religion too!"
I disagree
To a Sikh the turban is quintessential. Just like church for christians, or no alcohol to muslims. Covering up of women is an interpretation of the koran. Or is it NOT in the koran, and in Muhammed's teachings? Not sure, but I know from theology that it isn't an essential part of the religion.
Not that I think the French government has anymore right to force muslims to remove headscarves.
J

International Herald Tribune, it was their lead story on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Danithestudent
Yeah but if you go to an arabic country and carry on as you do at home that's extremley offensive. Whenever I've been on a holiday to an Arabic country I've respected their culture, worn long skirts and not spoken and stuff etc etc.
Who says our country's way of doing things is not a culture. If you don't support one of the British football teams (Scotland, Wales, England) some people find that offensive. Why doesn't it seem to work both ways?

which arabic country has this been?
icarusgideon
My dear friend, your lack of islamic knowledge has put you in a position where you can't/won't accept that muslim women have to cover themselves up as part of their religion too!

Icarus maybe you should cover up and stop banging on about something you have little knowldge of...

Latest

Trending

Trending