Bristol Vs. Nottingham for law! Also, ne1 goin to bristol??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
stressed_:x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Aaaah. Uni stress is jus gettin to me now... been going thru some of these threads, wish i'd discovered this forum earlier cos i finally realise i'm not the only one goin nuts (and also that lots of us law applicants applied to the same place, which actually scares me!)... Anyway, I'm wondering which place is better for Law - Bristol or Nottingham??? Havent got an offer from notts yet, but figured that of all my unis thats the only 1 i'd possibly go to over bristol (got an easy-ish offer from Bristol)... any advice???? any1 strugglin wit similar choices??
But I've always kinda wanted to go to bristol, i liked the city when i visited it and it seems like a fun place... aah! any1 goin there for sure to study law?? any advice on the accommodation thingy?? questions questions...
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by stressed_:x)
Aaaah. Uni stress is jus gettin to me now... been going thru some of these threads, wish i'd discovered this forum earlier cos i finally realise i'm not the only one goin nuts (and also that lots of us law applicants applied to the same place, which actually scares me!)... Anyway, I'm wondering which place is better for Law - Bristol or Nottingham??? Havent got an offer from notts yet, but figured that of all my unis thats the only 1 i'd possibly go to over bristol (got an easy-ish offer from Bristol)... any advice???? any1 strugglin wit similar choices??
But I've always kinda wanted to go to bristol, i liked the city when i visited it and it seems like a fun place... aah! any1 goin there for sure to study law?? any advice on the accommodation thingy?? questions questions...
ask in the university forum. notts is better btw.
Rep:
?
(Original post by rah)
ask in the university forum. notts is better btw.
wat university forum?
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
wat university forum?
the one at the top of the page marked university. this forum is meant to be for chit-chat, ranting etc
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
bristol is a fantastic city i'm up here at uni and I love it. i've got freinds doing law and they seem to be really liking the course. Also Bristols got a very good reputation with the laws frims and apparently some people have been talent scouted for the big firms already. Also they get lots of events funded by the big law firms and in general you would be very employable. The same is probably going to be true for Nott or any of the russel groupd uni's.

Last year I was the same as you and couldn't decide between Bristol and Nott but in the end i'm really glad I chose Bristol. I like Nott's campus but I just like Bristol better. Also I think i would have got frustrated being on a campus uni, its really nice being in the city so you can escape the student bubble.
Rep:
?
(Original post by emom100)
bristol is a fantastic city i'm up here at uni and I love it. i've got freinds doing law and they seem to be really liking the course. Also Bristols got a very good reputation with the laws frims and apparently some people have been talent scouted for the big firms already. Also they get lots of events funded by the big law firms and in general you would be very employable. The same is probably going to be true for Nott or any of the russel groupd uni's.

Last year I was the same as you and couldn't decide between Bristol and Nott but in the end i'm really glad I chose Bristol. I like Nott's campus but I just like Bristol better. Also I think i would have got frustrated being on a campus uni, its really nice being in the city so you can escape the student bubble.
thanks... i'm pretty set on bristol now - i've wanted to go there for a while and the idea of a campus uni does put me off. both the cities are a bit rundown i guess, but i liked the atmosphere at brist!
fit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm going to Bristol to do Law! At the Nottinham open day I was really unimpressed with the "we're just as good Oxbridge" attitude they had (yes they really said that!) and also the "we don't bother to look at personal statements just go for people with the best grades" comment! But in terms of prestige Bristol and Nottingham are probably about the same, oh I was also put off by the Nottingham campus but that's just personal preference.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads