This discussion is closed.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
You're not willing to be open minded.
I am, but I won't accept that Jacko abuses children.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
and if they find him guilty? You're not considering it's possible, how's that being open minded????
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
and if they find him guilty? You're not considering it's possible, how's that being open minded????
I am being open minded, I wouldn't be gullable enough to believe that the system is always perfect.

Unless there is conclusive biological evidence, then I would never change my opinion.
eleenia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Would you accept it if there was as you so crudely put it 'biological' evidence? Or if a jury found him guilty. My guess is you wouldn't because you have wasted so much time idolizing a weirdo that your whole world would fall apart if you did.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
Would you accept it if there was as you so crudely put it 'biological' evidence? Or if a jury found him guilty. My guess is you wouldn't because you have wasted so much time idolizing a weirdo that your whole world would fall apart if you did.
Nice point, but as it stands there is no conclusive evidence to confirm that these allegations are true.

What I do know is that this sort of thing has happened before, yet the families of the supposedly "abused" have no dignity as they tend to say "give us lots of cash and we'll forget about it".

How convenient...:rolleyes:
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
It usually more of a "give us lots of money and we'll drop it" kind of thing.
if hes innocent why does he gove them money?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
if hes innocent why does he gove them money?
Because:

a.) It is bad for his reputation.
b.) The legal system is by no means perfect.
c.) Constantly having press and media accusing him of rape can be very depressive, especially as he is innocent.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I am being open minded, I wouldn't be gullable enough to believe that the system is always perfect.

Unless there is conclusive biological evidence, then I would never change my opinion.
Spelling

'Gullable' is: gullible

Sorry about that
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Nice point, but as it stands there is no conclusive evidence to confirm that these allegations are true.

What I do know is that this sort of thing has happened before, yet the families of the supposedly "abused" have no dignity as they tend to say "give us lots of cash and we'll forget about it".

How convenient...:rolleyes:
You have to judge each accusation on its individual merits. Its no use to say 'this family did such and such', or 'these sort of things have happened before'. So if someone was falsly accused of rape in the past does that mean we should never take it seriously if another person accuses them of rape???!!!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You have to judge each accusation on its individual merits. Its no use to say 'this family did such and such', or 'these sort of things have happened before'. So if someone was falsly accused of rape in the past does that mean we should never take it seriously if another person accuses them of rape???!!!
He has been accused more of it more than once.
hotchick200
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
There is no evidence to say he raped children.

I believe the accusations are false, again another attempt to screw money out of him.
well he's got u 2 believe he's not a rapist hasn't he............

there's no evidence to say he didn't!!!
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Because:

a.) It is bad for his reputation.
b.) The legal system is by no means perfect.
c.) Constantly having press and media accusing him of rape can be very depressive, especially as he is innocent.
or
b.) because being convicted of child molestation would land him in the slammer and he has enough money to buy his freedom. Thing is bono, we just don't know which is why the legal system is the best thing we (or rather America in this case) have got, despite its limitations.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Spelling

'Gullable' is: gullible

Sorry about that
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
or
b.) because being convicted of child molestation would land him in the slammer and he has enough money to buy his freedom. Thing is bono, we just don't know which is why the legal system is the best thing we (or rather America in this case) have got, despite its limitations.
It is only good if the verdict is justified. Often it isn't.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
does that not suggest that he may well be guilty? im sure a lawyer wouldnt encourage pressing charges without sufficient evidence to support a case.
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
i don't get your point.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hotchick200)
well he's got u 2 believe he's not a rapist hasn't he............

there's no evidence to say he didn't!!!
Indeed, and there is no evidence to say I'm not, therefore I must be a rapist to. :rolleyes:
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
It is only good if the verdict is justified. Often it isn't.
have you got statistics to prove this coz i'd like to see them.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
have you got statistics to prove this coz i'd like to see them.
There cannot be statistics on this, how would one know whether the given verdict is justified?
hotchick200
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Indeed, and there is no evidence to say I'm not, therefore I must be a rapist to. :rolleyes:
r u!! he he he just jokein !!

but there is no evidance 2 say that u r!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (152)
60.8%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.4%
No- I want it (70)
28%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.8%

Watched Threads