The Student Room Group
Reply 1
kasasagi
If I was to do a second undergraduate degree, what tuition fees would I have to pay? I know I'm unlikely to get an LEA contribution, but would I just have to pay the full £1100 or whatever, or would it be overseas students' rates, without the government contribution?

I assume it'd be the same as if you were doing your first degree. If you're a UK student then it'll be £1100 a year, if from overseas it'll be however much more a year. They won't charge you overseas rates if you're from the UK.

I doubt you'll get LEA support, especially if you're classed as a mature student and/or have a wife/husband to support you (just as we get less LEA support if our parents can support us)
Reply 2
kasasagi
If I was to do a second undergraduate degree, what tuition fees would I have to pay? I know I'm unlikely to get an LEA contribution, but would I just have to pay the full £1100 or whatever, or would it be overseas students' rates, without the government contribution?

Hi! I will also be applying as a second undergraduate. Please give us some more information. Are you a UK, EU, overseas student? Did you attend your previous course in the UK? It all depends... If you are from the UK or EU you will never have to pay overseas rates.

I myself am an EU applicant, who has not studied before in the UK. I emailed the DFes about this and they told me that I only have to pay the 1100 fee and that I am eligible to apply for financial assistance.
Reply 3
way2go
Hi! I will also be applying as a second undergraduate. Please give us some more information. Are you a UK, EU, overseas student? Did you attend your previous course in the UK? It all depends... If you are from the UK or EU you will never have to pay overseas rates.

I myself am an EU applicant, who has not studied before in the UK. I emailed the DFes about this and they told me that I only have to pay the 1100 fee and that I am eligible to apply for financial assistance.

thank you both for replying :smile: I'm going to phone the DfES helpline on Monday when it's open, but was panicking a bit in the meantime.

I'm a UK student, in final year at Nottingham at the moment.
way2go, you probably would be able to apply for assistance if you haven't studied in the Uk previously. I don't think I can, but if it's £1100-ish I should be ok. I was just worried it was going to be £6000 or more per year, which I couldn't possibly afford.

Latest

Trending

Trending