This discussion is closed.
zom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I took 2 alevels in the lower sixth and got 2 A's but UCL want me to get 3 more to study law so effectively thats 5 x A's!... has anyone else had a similar offer?
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zom)
I took 2 alevels in the lower sixth and got 2 A's but UCL want me to get 3 more to study law so effectively thats 5 x A's!... has anyone else had a similar offer?
I think they made you that offer because they want you to get an A in 3 subjects with the pressure of having to study the 3 subjects all at one time. If they counted your 2 As from AS and just made you an offer of another A then you would not be showing that you can achieve high grades under the pressure of year 13 and with the workload of 3 subjects.
I agree though it does seem a bit unfair, I think an AA ofer for the 3 A-Levels you are taking this year would have been a lot fairer.
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
I think they made you that offer because they want you to get an A in 3 subjects with the pressure of having to study the 3 subjects all at one time. If they counted your 2 As from AS and just made you an offer of another A then you would not be showing that you can achieve high grades under the pressure of year 13 and with the workload of 3 subjects.
I agree though it does seem a bit unfair, I think an AA ofer for the 3 A-Levels you are taking this year would have been a lot fairer.
Are you sure the AAA doesn't include the 2 A's you already have?? Cus my Warwick offer includes an AS level which I already have.
zom
Rep:
?
no im positive they specified that they had to be in the three im taking this year. ive had AB offers from Manchester and Nottingham which are as youd expect really.

I can see your reasoning that they might want me to take 3 in one sitting but last year I had to take 18modules so I wouldnt say I was taking it easy! It just seems that they really dont take into account A-levels that are taken early (mine were Maths and Biology which are fairly difficult A-levels).

What seems really rude is that I could ring them up on results day in august with AAAAB and theyd probably reject me.
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I doubt they would. I think they've made you the offer they have more to be fair than anything.
zom
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Riz*)
I doubt they would. I think they've made you the offer they have more to be fair than anything.
I wouldnt say AAAAA offer is fair
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that's unusual i think.
I took maths and physics A2 in the lower sixth and got two As
All my offers have been Single A (in one case single B). Imperial wants one A in any subject, York wants the A in further maths.

still waiting to hear from cam
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah sorry, I phrased that wrong - I don't think it is either. What i meant is they're probably just making AAA offers across the board regardless of much else. On results day I'm pretty sure they would take your additional As into consideration and give you some credit for them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (228)
61.29%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.3%
No- I want it (103)
27.69%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.72%

Watched Threads