The Student Room Group

Which region are the most attractive English girls from?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
evantej
I admire your approach, though you should have divided by the female population not the entire population to be more accurate; I can imagine it will vary from region to region. In addition, there are lots of economic conditions to factor in; perhaps it would be better to normalise the results so you can see which region gives you the best bang for buck, so to speak. It is fairly obvious that the most populated and richest area of the country produces the best looking women, after all.

In my own experience, there seems to be lots of good looking women in Bristol (I have been here a month!), and I think the girls in the north east are far better looking than those in Liverpool, Manchester and the north west. Maybe redo the results by cities as information should be a lot easier to come by.

Good comments. It's not a serious project. If someone else wants to do it I'll give out the numbers for the other counties.

I have some results for cities but not for all 160.

Aldeburgh
Aldershot
Ashton-Under-Lyne
Basildon
Basingstoke
Birch Vale
Birmingham
Blackburn
Blackpool
Brighton
Brighton
Bristol
Bristol
Bromley
Brownhills
Cambridge
Chelmsford
Chichester
Cosford
Cranleigh
Croydon
Derby
Eastleigh
Gorleston
Guildford
Guildford
Hampshire
Hartfield
Hebden Bridge
Isle of Man
Kent
Kettering
Kingston upon Thames
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Leicester
Liverpool
Liverpool
Liverpool
Liverpool
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
Malton
Manchester
Manchester
Manchester
Manchester
Margate
Middlesborough
New Forest
Newcastle
Newcastle
Newcastle
North Shields
Oldham
Oldham
Oxford
Oxford
Oxford
Pinner
Plymouth
Poole
Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Preston
Prestwich
Richmond (Yorkshire)
Romford
Seaford
Sidcup
St Helens
Staines
Stevenage
Stockport
Styal
Sutton Coldfield
Tunbridge Wells
Urmston
Uxbrigde
Welwyn Garden City
West Dean
Weymouth
Wheatley Hills
Wickford
Windsor
Windsor
Woking
Woking
Wolverhampton
Wycombe
The WEST Midlands, obviously.... yow cor beat a good owd fashioned West Brom wench, we'em gorgeous :smile:
Reply 22
What a ******* idiot you are.

The West Midlands has its fair share of fine women, although it also has its fair share of dogs. So we break even really. When i went to Cornwall to visit my cousin there was alot of pretty girls down there though.
Reply 23
Potally_Tissed
You did total models from each region. If you want it to actually mean something, it needs to be something like models per thousand people in each region.

/nerd mode

No, you need to go into /read mode. I divided population by models. It's not the most precise method possible but it's a rough way of assessing attractiveness by population.
Reply 24
Depends what your definition of 'attractive' is.

Oh, and not all essex girls live up to their steroetype yano. Im so fed up of people im assuming im going to be a platinum blonde chlamydia ridden slapper jut because im from there
Willum Infanta
Damn Right. *coughs up bias*

Yeah, Manchester is like a breeding ground! Daytime and night time. If you can't get laid in Manchester, you never will....it rules for meeting women!
Reply 26
Also London gets a lot of girls from the continent, and a lot of silly Americans who want to suck my willy because they think I look like Damon Albarn.
Reply 27
damos92
When i went to Cornwall to visit my cousin there was alot of pretty girls down there though.

Were they all on holiday?
Reply 28
I think this has more to do with how wealthy these regions are. People with more money tend to be more attractive, that is why these southern English girls are better and produce more models, etc.

But having said that, even the southern English girls are still below the world average in terms of attractiveness. The English are not that pretty tbh.
my bed.

:wink:
You can find attractive girls anywhere. The model thing is a good idea in theory but doesn't really work. London girls arn't prettier, they get more chances at becoming models. As do Essex girls, because people look for models more than further north. Northern people tend to have a better sense of humour (no offense southerners!) but people also tend to be either chavvy or fat (not all, but...). Quite a few Essex girls are stick thin. Beleive me, I live in both worlds! (Live in south, family in north) Still, it depends on what you think is attractive. That orange chick withe the snake? If I were a bloke i'd take the snake over that thank you very much.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
By the way, how do Welsh, Irish and Scottish girls compare to English girls? I'm not completely sure tbh. Seeing as Scotland is closer to Scandinavia, are the girls there at least remotely as attractive as Scandinavian girls? Or are they the same as English girls?
Probably the same everywhere. Nowhere has 'better looking people' they're all spread out. I have seen really pretty girls everywhere in this country!
However, when you walk through a 'rough' council estate anywhere in the country you tend to see the most ugliest females (and males) ever - with some exceptions.

I couldn't tell you where the prettiest are, but I can tell you three places with the ugliest population of females I've ever seen... (Sorry if this offends anyone)
Boston, Hull and Grimsby. :eek:
Reply 33
Koobideh
By the way, how do Welsh, Irish and Scottish girls compare to English girls? I'm not completely sure tbh. Seeing as Scotland is closer to Scandinavia, are the girls there at least remotely as attractive as Scandinavian girls? Or are they the same as English girls?

They are the same in general, maybe slightly more attractive. Scot girls are nothing like scandinavian girls though.
twl
I've done a little research on wikipedia looking at the birth place of models listed as 'English'.

It turns out 160 of them had their birth place in England, 15 were born abroad.

To give you an overview of my results, I've drawn up a map which shows the number of models born in a region in proportion to the population of that region. (Attractiveness index = Population / # Models. N=160).

As you can see from the map English models are most likely to be from the population south, east and west of London.

Here's the top 10 attractiveness index for England
County #Models born
Surrey 10
Dorset 3
Bristol 3
Hampshire 9
London 49
Sussex East and West 9
Essex 9
Liverpool and Merseyside 7
Oxfordshire 3
Newcastle and Tyne and Wear 5

... all are southern counties with the exception of Liverpool and Newcastle (which included a pair of twins).

It looks like it's true what they say about 'Essex girls' but the tri-border region between Sussex, Hampshire and Surrey is where the most game rich territory is for you trophy girlfriend hunters out there. :yeah:

Are girls from the midlands really as ugly as the methodology of this research suggests?
You can vote in the poll your assessment of the attractiveness of women from the different English regions.

i'm from the midlands :cry2:
:getmecoat:
Reply 35
I shouldn't even need to point out that attractiveness isn't caused by where you're born ffs, so there's bound to be a fairly even spread across the country.
Reply 36
There's about 10 in my college classes. So out of around 60 girls, a good sixth of them are fit, imo. Maybe your area just exudes ugliness, but don't speak for the whole of the UK when saying these sorts of things. There's plenty of naturally pretty girls who are nice and not orange.
South West. Obviously.
Reply 38
Craig_D
I shouldn't even need to point out that attractiveness isn't caused by where you're born ffs, so there's bound to be a fairly even spread across the country.

It obviously could be. A load of ugly people could have once settled in certain cities and now we are feeling the ill effects of that. Attractiveness isn't all down to genes neither. In some areas, people like to drink alot and cause violence, so we can assume that in some areas people don't really look after themselves that well compared to others.
Reply 39
twl
Good comments. It's not a serious project. If someone else wants to do it I'll give out the numbers for the other counties.

I have some results for cities but not for all 160.

Aldeburgh
Aldershot
Ashton-Under-Lyne
Basildon
Basingstoke
Birch Vale
Birmingham
Blackburn
Blackpool
Brighton
Brighton
Bristol
Bristol
Bromley
Brownhills
Cambridge
Chelmsford
Chichester
Cosford
Cranleigh
Croydon
Derby
Eastleigh
Gorleston
Guildford
Guildford
Hampshire
Hartfield
Hebden Bridge
Isle of Man
Kent
Kettering
Kingston upon Thames
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Leicester
Liverpool
Liverpool
Liverpool
Liverpool
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
London
Malton
Manchester
Manchester
Manchester
Manchester
Margate
Middlesborough
New Forest
Newcastle
Newcastle
Newcastle
North Shields
Oldham
Oldham
Oxford
Oxford
Oxford
Pinner
Plymouth
Poole
Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Preston
Prestwich
Richmond (Yorkshire)
Romford
Seaford
Sidcup
St Helens
Staines
Stevenage
Stockport
Styal
Sutton Coldfield
Tunbridge Wells
Urmston
Uxbrigde
Welwyn Garden City
West Dean
Weymouth
Wheatley Hills
Wickford
Windsor
Windsor
Woking
Woking
Wolverhampton
Wycombe

What if these particular areas have more of a cultural push for attractive girls to get into modeling? You haven't proven that other areas don't have attractive girls, you've only proven those attractive girls don't get into modeling. Basically you've quite possibly just made a list of England's most superficial cities.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending