This discussion is closed.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just wondering if we have any snooker players here? If so, how long have you been playing, what is your highest break and do you play in a league?

I have been playing for about 4-5 years and highest break is 68. I only play about once a week at the moment. I played in a local league last year and finished mid-table but won runners-up in two knockout cups. I am standing in for the rest of this season for my club team as one of the players can't do it anymore so may have some more silverware soon lol
Perdurabo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi,
Finally someone who appreciates this sport! All my mates take the piss.
Highest Break - 74, although admittedly the reds were all in great positions. Used to play all the while for about 3 years but then the snooker club got a new owner and jacked the price right up. So for the last year I've just played pool. Can't wait till uni though, loads of time to get back into practice!
nikk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Perdurabo)
Hi,
Finally someone who appreciates this sport! All my mates take the piss.
Highest Break - 74, although admittedly the reds were all in great positions. Used to play all the while for about 3 years but then the snooker club got a new owner and jacked the price right up. So for the last year I've just played pool. Can't wait till uni though, loads of time to get back into practice!
74? - not bad not bad

I think to fully appreciate snooker you have to be good at it which is why most people just stick to pool.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Just wondering if we have any snooker players here? If so, how long have you been playing, what is your highest break and do you play in a league?

I have been playing for about 4-5 years and highest break is 68. I only play about once a week at the moment. I played in a local league last year and finished mid-table but won runners-up in two knockout cups. I am standing in for the rest of this season for my club team as one of the players can't do it anymore so may have some more silverware soon lol
I've played pool.
I like pool, and I'm quite good at it, anyone want a match?
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
74? - not bad not bad

I think to fully appreciate snooker you have to be good at it which is why most people just stick to pool.
snooker is just boring, i'm pretty darn good at pool though, i just got a message from a mate saying he's going to kick my ass at pool tonight.... little does he know i have a table at home

lou xxx
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
snooker is just boring, i'm pretty darn good at pool though, i just got a message from a mate saying he's going to kick my ass at pool tonight.... little does he know i have a table at home

lou xxx
What's the difference between snooker and pool? Because I like pool but snooker looks boring.
Perdurabo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
cheers. But then again, it was a one-off. Normally i was proud to get about 25ish.
True, people do stick with pool because snooker is harder, but then it is so much more rewarding. Plus, you become a better pool player!
nikk
Rep:
?

lou xxx
That's the thing, it is only boring when you arn't any good at it. Once you know what you are doing and are capable of making breaks and having safety battles, it becomes much better than pool.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
What's the difference between snooker and pool? Because I like pool but snooker looks boring.
they have a different set of balls and rules etc. snooker has a point system and you have to pot the balls in order blah blah. pool is just the first person to pot all their colour/markings.

lou xxx
nikk
Rep:
?
There are loads of massive differences - so much so that I can't be bothered to list them - maybe google?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
they have a different set of balls and rules etc. snooker has a point system and you have to pot the balls in order blah blah. pool is just the first person to pot all their colour/markings.

lou xxx
Yeah, well all in all, pool is easier. You know your markings and you shoot! Not that I've ever played snooker...but it looks hard.
nikk
Rep:
?
Yeah, well all in all, pool is easier. You know your markings and you shoot! Not that I've ever played snooker...but it looks hard.
Yeah only really talented people play snooker
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah only really talented people play snooker
Well, I think I may take up snooker. :rolleyes: :cool:
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I think I may take up snooker. :rolleyes: :cool:
Haha,

Snooker is a pain, I can never remember which order to pot the balls in. I haven't played either in ages... We normally only play when on holiday and extremely bored, like if they have a pool or snooker table available in a games room.
nikk
Rep:
?
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Haha,

Snooker is a pain, I can never remember which order to pot the balls in. I haven't played either in ages... We normally only play when on holiday and extremely bored, like if they have a pool or snooker table available in a games room.

Snooker is an intellectual game which may explain why you don't like it?
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Snooker is an intellectual game which may explain why you don't like it?
Eh,

I just can't remember the order for potting the balls. And if I want a snooker table I need to go to the pub up the road which is full of people from the council estate on the other side of it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
26.67%
No (18)
60%
Don't know (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads