This discussion is closed.
sam_x_chris
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hi i need some help with my coursework and i just havnt got a clue where to start!! i want to do one about recall and its using an adaptation of the brown peterson technique only using proper words!!!

where do i start and what do i do!!
if ANYONE can help me with ANYTHING the please email me at [email protected]

Thanx very much for all you help Love Sam
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sam_x_chris)
hi i need some help with my coursework and i just havnt got a clue where to start!! i want to do one about recall and its using an adaptation of the brown peterson technique only using proper words!!!

You can't replicate the study, but read up on it and other memory realted studies, you'll need them when you write your introduction. I think first of all you should start skecthing out the method you're going to use but by also taking in account the ethical guidlines, think of your target popluation, place, time - i.e afternoon particpants may be fatigued...whether you will use standarised instructions to reduce experimenter bias etc. i handed in my coursework two weeks ago...
sam_x_chris
what did you do your study on?
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what did you do your study on?
it was on leading questions, which is really easy to modify, i based it on loftus and zanni (1975)
sam_x_chris
but my teacher is doing one with the class and he has just copied an experiment so y cant i do the brown peterson technique
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
but my teacher is doing one with the class and he has just copied an experiment so y cant i do the brown peterson technique
if your exam board is aqa you're not allowed to directly copy a study - if it's another board then perhaps you can replicate the study without any modifications.
katiecoo
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
if your exam board is aqa you're not allowed to directly copy a study - if it's another board then perhaps you can replicate the study without any modifications.
WaitingToSmile - Does that mean that my provisional plan 4 my coursework of an experiment to test recall by paired associated learning of showing a card with a number on and a card with an animal on would be ok? Or too close to the originals (digits and words) would be ok???

Methinks choosing the topic is by far the hardest part!!
katiecoo
Report 16 years ago
oops, just read that last entry - that was really bad english!

hope you can understand my question!
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hi av u not started ure coursework either coz ive only done the intro to mine. im still unsure of my method
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm with AQA and I was able to replicate the Brown-Peterson technique with no problems. Obviously I wasn't able to replicate it exactly since I couldn't be bothered to carry it out other than in college. My results were fairly consistent with that of Brown & Peterson's. I got 51/60 for my draft and when I get it back tomorrow or next week, I should have hopefully gained a few marks. There's a possibility that I might have lost marks as well since it is now being marked by these other 2 teachers who don't teach me and I heard that they are strict on their marking. Well, as long as I get 51 or higher, I'm happy.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

4 GODS SAKE! Y DO PPL WHO HAVEN'T BEEN BOTHERD 2 DO THEIR WORK COME ON THIS FORUM 2 GAIN FREE CONFIDENTIAL AND USUALLY REALLY INTELLIGENT ANSWERS???? HMMM? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

DO IT URSELF HONEY!
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sasha D)
4 GODS SAKE! Y DO PPL WHO HAVEN'T BEEN BOTHERD 2 DO THEIR WORK COME ON THIS FORUM 2 GAIN FREE CONFIDENTIAL AND USUALLY REALLY INTELLIGENT ANSWERS???? HMMM? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

DO IT URSELF HONEY!
I dunno, laziness and leaving it until the last minute?
katiecoo
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
I dunno, laziness and leaving it until the last minute?

Thanks Jedi, you've been v helpful!

I think I must be on a slightly different timescale to most...I'm probably panicking a bit early coz my coursework deadline is not til April, tho' I s'pose time will come around soon enough!

Sasha, in answer 2 your comment, I'm not here to copy or pinch ideas, just 4 support and the tiniest shove in the right direction - I'm on a useless home study course which is v unsupportive so I'm really pleased to have found this forum. Crikey, there's too many websites which make it too easy to copy, can't be dealing with that!

sam_x_chris

DO IT URSELF HONEY!
yeah how about just stopiing iwth the abuse if i wanted to copy somebodys work i wouldnt do it off here god knows how thick everyone is so if you have nothing useful to say dont say anything at all OK?!!!?
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah how about just stopiing iwth the abuse if i wanted to copy somebodys work i wouldnt do it off here god knows how thick everyone is so if you have nothing useful to say dont say anything at all OK?!!!?
Al i have 2 say 2 u is that u r a scrounger and that u must b alot 'thicker' than everybody else on here 4 u 2 ask 4 their help. Dont bother replying u scum cus u aint gettin a response!
sam_x_chris
Al i have 2 say 2 u is that u r a scrounger and that u must b alot 'thicker' than everybody else on here 4 u 2 ask 4 their help. Dont bother replying u scum cus u aint gettin a response!
yeah well how about you keep your opinion to your self as i wasnt asking for your help and you need to keep your ****in big nose out
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (385)
67.07%
No (189)
32.93%

Watched Threads