The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Official Hull Applicants' Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RonBurgundy
I believe the only business degrees at the Scarborough campus are for those doing a foundation year. I may be wrong though.

I find it a little strange that all the business school students come together for a 'generic' first year then split up into their designated courses for the final years. Additionally I really hope they get their act together in regards to timetables as this year was terrible.

It wouldn't surprise me because I'm doing a foundation year :P
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Psychology offer of BBC :smile:
Do you know if after the foundation year you transfer to the Hull campus? Just interested thats all.

Original post by no-fat-chicks
It wouldn't surprise me because I'm doing a foundation year :P
Original post by RonBurgundy
Do you know if after the foundation year you transfer to the Hull campus? Just interested thats all.

Well the course I applied for is Business Management and I just looked on the hull uni website and I think you stay on at Scarborough. I believe if you're based at Scarborough you can still use Hull unis facilities which is pretty cool.

I'm very impatient, I want a place!
Reply 44
I applied for 2 courses at Hull. 'French' and 'French with Translation'. I got conditional offers for both and I'm so happy, I think it's gonna be my firm choice. (French with Translation)
Reply 45
Original post by no-fat-chicks
Well the course I applied for is Business Management and I just looked on the hull uni website and I think you stay on at Scarborough. I believe if you're based at Scarborough you can still use Hull unis facilities which is pretty cool.

I'm very impatient, I want a place!

I know someone who is doing a business degree without a foundation degree at Scarborough. He is only there because the course was full in Hull. He can move up to Hull next year assuming the course has some places. If you apply to a Hull campus Business course and you get sent to Scarborough you will be able to move up after a year if there are spaces. But if you apply to a Scarborough course I think you stay there for the 3-4 years you're at uni.

Btw I applied to Hull early last november and didn't get and offer till Febuary I was so impatient.

GL on getting your offers xD.
Reply 46
Original post by kates12
I applied for 2 courses at Hull. 'French' and 'French with Translation'. I got conditional offers for both and I'm so happy, I think it's gonna be my firm choice. (French with Translation)

Well done !

I study French at Hull :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Ross E
Well done !

I study French at Hull :smile:

Thanks!

Oh, exciting! Do you enjoy it?
Original post by okhura
I know someone who is doing a business degree without a foundation degree at Scarborough. He is only there because the course was full in Hull. He can move up to Hull next year assuming the course has some places. If you apply to a Hull campus Business course and you get sent to Scarborough you will be able to move up after a year if there are spaces. But if you apply to a Scarborough course I think you stay there for the 3-4 years you're at uni.

Btw I applied to Hull early last november and didn't get and offer till Febuary I was so impatient.

GL on getting your offers xD.

Really? I've just suspended my business studies this year and the lectures were far from full. (Taking into account all HUBS are grouped for the first year apart from Economics/Business Economics.)
Reply 49
Original post by kates12
Thanks!

Oh, exciting! Do you enjoy it?

Yeah, very much so. It's getting hard now though :colondollar:
Applying for history - not feeling too confident as their standard offers are well above my predicted grades :frown:
Conditional for Biomedical science! :biggrin:
Primary Education at the Scarborough Campus, had interview fortnight ago, I want a response haha
Reply 53
Original post by nevershoutdean
Primary Education at the Scarborough Campus, had interview fortnight ago, I want a response haha

I had an interview a week ago, they told us we'd hear after about 4 days...
obviously not! haha.
Reply 54
Got an offer for Ecology yesterday at the Scarborough Campus of BBC! :woo: It's my first choice at the minute and my last offer so I'm so happy!
(edited 13 years ago)
i have an acknowledgement for forensic science :biggrin:
Original post by flynn_bury
I had an interview a week ago, they told us we'd hear after about 4 days...
obviously not! haha.

i was told that aswell, but apparently we'll not hear til christmas because they haven't been allocated how many offers they can make yet
Reply 57
Original post by nevershoutdean
i was told that aswell, but apparently we'll not hear til christmas because they haven't been allocated how many offers they can make yet

gutted! but it's the same for all of the universities... just a waiting game now!
Reply 58
Heyy, was just wondering how long it took people to get their acknowlegements?
:smile:
Hmm well I just got a conditional offer for German today, never got an acknowledgment, did get that Acknowledgment email from them on Dec 8th and my UCAS was processed on 26th November, so that's two weeks two days, then got an offer four days later.

But I've already got my grades etc so why are they being bloody awkward and asking me to send them proof, I thought they did all that online somehow, Manchester have already given me an unconditional. Not that I'm bothered, Hull was my low-grade uni anyway, but it is a pain in the arse.

Quick Reply

Latest