The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Official Hull Applicants' Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethanyglowe
I got a 'unofficial' conditional offer for hull today to study Politics! :smile:

Congratulations!! Politics at Hull is awesome and there are superb links with Westminster on the WHIP programme as well as with BPLS. You'll really enjoy it if that becomes your firm choice.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by notanumber
Congratulations!! Politics at Hull is awesome and there are superb links with Westminster on the WHIP programme as well as with BPLS. You'll really enjoy it if that becomes your firm choice.

Thanks! It's definitely my firm, I'm so chuffed as I didn't really expect to get accepted, I messed up a bit in AS so my predictions are lower than the offer (although my teachers wrote in the reference that I had the capability blah blah blah) so yeah! Just gotta get the grades now :smile: Do you study politics there already?
Yes. Had time of my life here and it really bugs me that so many people who don't know the place slag it off. The politics department is the flagship department of the university and talk of the 'Hull Mafia' in Westminster is pretty accurate. You'll love it. The Lawns is a bus ride away which can be a pain, but it's a fantastic place to enjoy life and the union is great - especially if you're into sports.
(edited 13 years ago)
Conditional offer of ABB for law :smile:
Original post by Illusions144
Conditional offer of ABB for law :smile:

Really? I would expect hull law to be something in the region of BBB. Out of interest, why have you not chosen to apply to somewhere such as York?
Reply 85
I just got the letter that says 'we are recommending that you are made an offer' for Geography and Archaeology. So does this pretty much mean i've just got to wait for them to update ucas or is there still a chance of me being rejected?
Reply 86
I received a conditional offer for Law with French Law and Language (M1R1),
for 28 IB pts, 16 at HL, 5 in HL english, 5 in HL french.
though I applied to Hull as my safety school though I have only heard from one other school (offer from U of East Anglia).
Reply 87
Can somebody please give me more information about Hull University?

I was lead to believe it was a very strong university, hence, my application to read a PPE degree there. However, I am a regular Guardian reader and I have recently seen their list of universities according to subjects.

The guardian ranks them 28th for Politics, 36th for Philosophy and a staggering 59th for Economics.

Can this be a true indicator of the level of academia provided at Hull?
(edited 13 years ago)
From what I've seen so far is that the guardians 59th position for Economics is a false position. I can't see how one could base a choice on a 'position' of the university in the guardian. Find out what is right for you as a student.
Reply 89
I have applied for Primary Education at Scarbrough. I have not heard anything yet, but hopefully soon.
Original post by RachyKins
I have applied for Primary Education at Scarbrough. I have not heard anything yet, but hopefully soon.

The ex is doing that, she's really enjoying it. I think she went for an interview to get on the course, i'm not sure. :smile:
Hey guys been ages since i have been on TSR. I'm desperate to get an offer for Hull psychology (so much so that 3 of my choices are variations of psychology :colondollar:). I've only seen two offers on here though, both BBC right? how long do Hull generally take to get back to you?
Reply 92
It is the waiting I do not like. I guess it is the fact of not knowing what they are thinking.
Reply 93
Original post by anfieldred07
Hey guys been ages since i have been on TSR. I'm desperate to get an offer for Hull psychology (so much so that 3 of my choices are variations of psychology :colondollar:). I've only seen two offers on here though, both BBC right? how long do Hull generally take to get back to you?

I sent my app for Law with French Law on the 26th of November and received my offer on the 15th of December. Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 94
Hey, I'm invited to an interview to do British Politics and Legislative studies in January, soo scared but so excited! Has anyone got any advice or know anything about the Politics department at Hull?:smile:
Original post by thejazz
I sent my app for Law with French Law on the 26th of November and received my offer on the 15th of December. Hope this helps. :smile:

Thanks so your law offer took around 3 weeks. Guess i've got abit of a wait then :frown:
Reply 96
Original post by anfieldred07

Hey mate, I'm currently studying Psych in Hull from Sept this year, good luck getting an offer. :cool:

They took the longest to reply to my application out of the 5 unis I chose (march time), so bear in mind that different departments handle applicants at different speeds (however, I had predictions of CCC and I think I may have been sitting in their "maybe" pile for a long time)
Original post by Wenis
Hey mate, I'm currently studying Psych in Hull from Sept this year, good luck getting an offer. :cool:

They took the longest to reply to my application out of the 5 unis I chose (march time), so bear in mind that different departments handle applicants at different speeds (however, I had predictions of CCC and I think I may have been sitting in their "maybe" pile for a long time)

Hi thanks for the reply. How are you finding the course? I'm predicted B. B/C, C, so i guess i'm waiting on an offer haha.
Original post by RonBurgundy

Original post by RonBurgundy
Nice, what is your conditional offer if you don't mind me asking?

It was just 320 points, it stated that I must get at least a B in Business Studies:smile:
Sorry for the late reply!
Original post by amyyanwatse
It was just 320 points, it stated that I must get at least a B in Business Studies:smile:
Sorry for the late reply!

No worries, would that be a B in business studies at AS/A2? The reason I ask is a member of the family has received an offer which is significantly higher then yours for the same course, which as you can appreciate is slightly confusing.

Quick Reply

Latest