This discussion is closed.
Lisa ST
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Dont know if you remmember me but i had a problem. Im pregnant at 14.

anyway i have told my parents and they said they would kick me out if i kept the baby. I was so devastated, they are really pressuring me. Can someone please talk to me.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Think about it, if you had a baby where would you live if your parents kicked you out, how would you feed it, how would you cloth it, how would you be able to get a job with no qualifications in order to pay for the childcare in order to go out to work?
What kind of life could you give this child?
I know it's hard, the same thing happened to me last year. My parents didn't know and I had an abortion, it was the only thing I could do, the thought of having a baby or even giving it up for adoption, I'd rather be killed than to be found out I was never wanted.
But it's up to you
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whos the father? Could you turn to him for support?
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Your parents are devastated as well they have just found out that their baby is not so innocent. You are throwing your life away if you have that child and I can't believe you are thinking of doing so. You may think our all grown up but you are far from it, you don't even understand the use of sex do you? The ultimate sacrifice you make to someone you are in love with not in and out how was that. 'Sex is far to casual' (jack Osbourne) and he is correct. You are a silly girl for getting into this state you can at least get your self out of it. You need to sort you head.
Abortion is not killing the child its removing the fetus, the burden which will soon be in your life, you have the power to stop it, so do!
peach_archers
Report 16 years ago
Hey,

I have not read your earlier post so sorry if I sound repetetive at all.

Your parents are probably in shock right now so give them a couple of days to cool down, its your body so you should be able to do what YOU want. However, have you considered the implications of having the baby/ giving it up for adoption? I am not trying to sway you as after all I am adopted my biological mother had me too young and gave me away.

I really hope you sort everything out and whatever you choose good luck - you are not alone there are lots of support groups out there and I am guessing a lot of people on this board who will be willing to give you support

If you would like to talk about anything please feel free to private message me

Stay happy!
Kat
Lisa ST
(Original post by Percy)
Whos the father? Could you turn to him for support?

yes i did but he told me to get out of his house and practically chucked me out. I really want this baby.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And I know this is going to be harsh, but if you were having sex at that age, under the age of consent...shouldn't you have thought about the reprecussions beforehand so, if you got into a situation such as this you would know exactly what to do?
There are so many things that could happen, STD's,pregnancy, rape...etc.
I don't mean to preach but we all have to suffer the consequences of our actions

My friend wanted a baby at 14, she got pregnant ...i think on purpose and then had the baby taken away because she couldn't hack it, she was living in a squat with it as her parents had chucked her out, the baby died of pneumonia because she hadn't looked after it properly, she ended up slitting her wrists and is now on various amounts of anti-depressants and nearly went to prison for neglicgence.
You may the want the baby, but does it want you?
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Your parents are devastated as well they have just found out that their baby is not so innocent. You are throwing your life away if you have that child and I can't believe you are thinking of doing so. You may think our all grown up but you are far from it, you don't even understand the use of sex do you? The ultimate sacrifice you make to someone you are in love with not in and out how was that. 'Sex is far to casual' (jack Osbourne) and he is correct. You are a silly girl for getting into this state you can at least get your self out of it. You need to sort you head.
Abortion is not killing the child its removing the fetus, the burden which will soon be in your life, you have the power to stop it, so do!
Abortion is murder. It is the most heinous crime on this planet- the killing of an innocent child. Simple as that.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Abortion is not murder, i'm glad I did it. I felt no shame in doing so and wasn't even that much of a big deal.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Abortion is murder. It is the most heinous crime on this planet- the killing of an innocent child. Simple as that.
Agreed but in certain circumstances like this one it is acceptable, thats my opinion, the catholic church takes a different view. If you really want to have the baby I know that the catholic church will help you financially as much as they can and offer support.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This might sound harsh... but you can have a baby at any time in your life up until you are 45ish - so you have another 30 years or so to have your baby. Whereas think of the consequence if you choose to have a baby now, while you are still immature both physically and mentally. you have NO qualifications, and no way of earning and providing for your baby - it will drag you down because you will not be able to gain higher qualifications due to the need to work to support yourself and your child. Higher qualifications is your path to a higher paid income, and you and your child would have a much better life if you delayed your decision by a few years.
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Agreed but in certain circumstances like this one it is acceptable, thats my opinion, the catholic church takes a different view. If you really want to have the baby I know that the catholic church will help you financially as much as they can and offer support.
She could put the child up for adoption after it has been born.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fine adoption is good, if you want to carry the child for 9 months then give it away and then wonder what if....
after everybody laughs at you for doing it
simply the answer to this is absitnence until you can actually hack it
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Fine adoption is good, if you want to carry the child for 9 months then give it away and then wonder what if....
after everybody laughs at you for doing it
simply the answer to this is absitnence until you can actually hack it
That's a really helpful thing to say. Idiot.
Lisa ST
I know i can give it to the father and when im old enough to have a baby, i can snatch it back.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are you sure it's this baby you want or just that you want a baby? You have your whole life to have a baby, but after you set your life up so that you can do. Right now you're just a baby yourself, not independent enough to bring and nurture life. You've got your own growing up still to do. So my advice is only go ahead and have the baby if there is not a shred of doubt in your mind about it. It sounds like you do have doubts so I wouldn't advise you have the kid. If I may say so, your folks are ********s, you'd think parents would be more supportive or protective of their own children.

Hope this helps.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lisa ST)
I know i can give it to the father and when im old enough to have a baby, i can snatch it back.
You dont know that for sure. Once he becomes the guardian for the child by law he will stay so unless he decides to give up that right. He might say he will give her to you now but, in a few years time, having brought up the baby and got attatched to it, he might not want to.
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Are you sure it's this baby you want or just that you want a baby? You have your whole life to have a baby, but after you set your life up so that you can do. Right now you're just a baby yourself, not independent enough to bring and nurture life. You've got your own growing up still to do. So my advice is only go ahead and have the baby if there is not a shred of doubt in your mind about it. It sounds like you do have doubts so I wouldn't advise you have the kid. If I may say so, your folks are ********s, you'd think parents would be more supportive or protective of their own children.

Hope this helps.
I agree. The parents should support the child in this situation.
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hate the fact that the father has so little rights over his own child.
Lisa ST
(Original post by Percy)
I agree. The parents should support the child in this situation.

so the only option left is ABORTION

NOOOOO1!!!! im NOt gonna do that. I dont want to kill my child i would rather kill myself.!"
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads