Turn on thread page Beta

pregnant watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How can you say that nobody knows what your going through? I've already admitted to having been in that position, I was 17 not quite the same but close enough.
    I wanted it as well but having thought about it empathetically, I realised none of it was fair.
    It wasn't fair on me, it wasn't fair on my parents, it wasn't fair on the father, it wasn't fair on his parents and most of all it wasn't fair for the child.
    Can you imagine the complications that are involved, your not even fully developed yourself (oh you may say your an early bloomer) but you don't even have the body properly able to handle it until your at least 20.
    Emotionally, as i have seen from your posts you don't seem to be ready, contemplatng suicide is a common symptom from people who really can't see things from other people's point of view, it's extremley selfish and I have to say quite bluntly, you are being extremley selfish.
    I'm going to University in September/October, that is me...myself, nobody else £500 isn't gonna last a month.
    By the time the baby is born you won't have anything, yeah sure the government will give you cash...but that cash is made by tax... tax that I and many other people have given the government in order to improve education, the NHS, roads, the futures for our OWN children not for people who are just going to be on benefits till their dead.
    I know I'm being extremley harsh but sometimes you have to be harsh especially when there isn't just the one person's welfare at stake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa ST)
    easier said than done. Ok you raise this baby for 5 more months could you just give the baby up like that. I cant, and i cant have an abortion. If i did i would hate myself.
    why will your parents kick you out? seriously - they would kick out their 14 year-old daughter? I don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    why will your parents kick you out? seriously - they would kick out their 14 year-old daughter? I don't get it.
    the harsh reality is that there ARE parents like that - who don't want the shame. ALthough it's more likely that thatwas shouted in the heat of the moment - it may not be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    How can you say that nobody knows what your going through? I've already admitted to having been in that position, I was 17 not quite the same but close enough.
    I wanted it as well but having thought about it empathetically, I realised none of it was fair.
    It wasn't fair on me, it wasn't fair on my parents, it wasn't fair on the father, it wasn't fair on his parents and most of all it wasn't fair for the child.
    Can you imagine the complications that are involved, your not even fully developed yourself (oh you may say your an early bloomer) but you don't even have the body properly able to handle it until your at least 20.
    Emotionally, as i have seen from your posts you don't seem to be ready, contemplatng suicide is a common symptom from people who really can't see things from other people's point of view, it's extremley selfish and I have to say quite bluntly, you are being extremley selfish.
    I'm going to University in September/October, that is me...myself, nobody else £500 isn't gonna last a month.
    By the time the baby is born you won't have anything, yeah sure the government will give you cash...but that cash is made by tax... tax that I and many other people have given the government in order to improve education, the NHS, roads, the futures for our OWN children not for people who are just going to be on benefits till their dead.
    I know I'm being extremley harsh but sometimes you have to be harsh especially when there isn't just the one person's welfare at stake.

That is sooo harsh,, but isnt it too late to have an abrtion if i am 4 months pregnant- im sorry anyway.

ReputationRep:
    no one understands what im going through- you dont understand, the thought of becoming a mother is delightful but giving it up for adoption or having an abortion is unthinkable. I might sound like a baby but i KNOW that i am fit enough to be a mother.
    The fact that you are on here asking for advise off people you don't know suggests that you obviously aren't fit enough to be a mother as you can not make decisions of your own it may even suggest that you are been untruthful through this whole problem. I'm not implying anything I'm just pointing out facts. You said that you have £500 big whoop that won't even get you and a child through the first month of its life so i can't believe you said, this also says to me you are not fit enough to look after yourself never mind another life get a clue my dear.

I'm sorry if i offend anyone I'm just frying to state my points.

ReputationRep:
    That is sooo harsh,, but isnt it too late to have an abrtion if i am 4 months pregnant- im sorry anyway.
    Not too late in my understanding.

ReputationRep:
    actually you can have an abortion till your 6 months.
    Believe me you don't know what harsh is, you 14 years old. I'd been through more crap than you can imagine by that time, probably why the abortion wasn't as big a deal as it should have been but believe me I have very little emotion left and very little sympathy for people getting themselves into stupid situations

ReputationRep:
    And why if your so made up about it are you asking people you've never met before's attention...
    sounds like attention seekng to me. I remember being 14, it was pretty damn boring

ReputationRep:
    lisa what do you think of my comments (on page 3)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Not too late in my understanding.
    why are people being so harsh i come on here for some sympathy as i cant talk to my friend all day and people just hurt my feelings. Right now im feeling really defenceless and people saying 'u are not fit enough to be a mother' is heart breaking. Even if in some cases it is true, but not this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    The fact that you are on here asking for advise off people you don't know suggests that you obviously aren't fit enough to be a mother as you can not make decisions of your own it may even suggest that you are been untruthful through this whole problem. I'm not implying anything I'm just pointing out facts. You said that you have £500 big whoop that won't even get you and a child through the first month of its life so i can't believe you said, this also says to me you are not fit enough to look after yourself never mind another life get a clue my dear.

I'm sorry if i offend anyone I'm just frying to state my points.
    Looking back that was a bit harsh so i retract 'get a clue my dear' but I'm just thinking of the childs welfare.

ReputationRep:
    ok then i will have to have an abortion. Right now im crying, i dont now how im gonna cope. Can i please talk to someone on private message please!

ReputationRep:
    why are people being so harsh i come on here for some sympathy as i cant talk to my friend all day and people just hurt my feelings. Right now im feeling really defenceless and people saying 'u are not fit enough to be a mother' is heart breaking. Even if in some cases it is true, but not this one.
    again i say your gonna be on your own, and if your parenst dont turn around n begin to help you make it a month, whats more your 14, no1 will employ you, who will you get money from, atm, if you keep this baby, social services are very likely to take it away, if you keep it, id start believing in god n pray a lot that some lucky **** happens and you and your baby have a chance, but still abortion seems like the best option...
    and why are you here looking for sympathy from people who cant help, go talk to your parents...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    that was harsh !!!
    I didn't mean it like that, I just meant that because she's only 14 which isn't really old enough to be a mum and she doesn't want an abortion then she could maybe have it adopted...

I didn't mean to upset anyone

ReputationRep:
    ok then i will have to have an abortion. Right now im crying, i dont now how im gonna cope. Can i please talk to someone on private message please!
    can talk 2 me if you want hun

ReputationRep:
    Look I'm sure you will be a fit mother one day but you really have to finish growing up yourself first. One day you will realise this, I know at that age you think you know but believe me you don't. You really never know what is going to happen.
    I swear to you, whatever desicion you'll make you'll regret some things but whatever desicion you make you know will be the right one you just have to be able to deal with it.
    The fact however that you've come looking for sympathy means your not right with yourself, your obviously quite depressed and you have people shouting at you in all directions, myself included. I know I've come across as being a know it all having been in that position myself but the thing is, baby aside what would you really like to do with your life?
    What do you want to be? In ten years (if you weren't pregnant) where would you see yourself?
    You have to weigh these up and decide whether or not your ready to be a mum, though you have to question your own judgement.
    I'm sorry I shouted but all that aside it really is up to you and not what a bunch of people on the internet tell you to do.

ReputationRep:
    Most of us don't mean to (Dani's comments prevent me from referring to all of us), we just believe it's best for you that you don't keep the child.

ReputationRep:
    no one understands what im going through- you dont understand, the thought of becoming a mother is delightful but giving it up for adoption or having an abortion is unthinkable. I might sound like a baby but i KNOW that i am fit enough to be a mother.
    I do understand, you feel that the baby is part of you now and part of your life. But you have to consider what would be best for the baby and yourself, at the end of the day no one can tell you what to do, you have to make that decision yourself, and what ever happens I'm sure your parents will support you despite what they have said.

This is probably the hardest decision you'll ever have to make, but what you do now will have on impact for the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Most of us don't mean to (Dani's comments prevent me from referring to all of us), we just believe it's best for you that you don't keep the child.
    hey hey look above speccy

ReputationRep:
    "To have the rainbow you must first have the rain"...

You can be a mother one day, when you and the situation are better suited to it. The point of the quote is that you may feel the pain now but it will heal, you'll realise you made the right choice by aborting or putting it up for adoption. And you can have a great life and the family you want.

Alternatively you and the baby can suffer unfairly if you keep it. I know what I'd rather do.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.