Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
hey hey look above speccy
"Speccy"??? How did you know?

And I only said that because I wasn't sure that you weren't trying to be harsh.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
"To have the rainbow you must first have the rain"...

You can be a mother one day, when you and the situation are better suited to it. The point of the quote is that you may feel the pain now but it will heal, you'll realise you made the right choice by aborting or putting it up for adoption. And you can have a great life and the family you want.

Alternatively you and the baby can suffer unfairly if you keep it. I know what I'd rather do.
having an abortion can affect your fertility though
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Speccy"??? How did you know?

And I only said that because I wasn't sure that you weren't trying to be harsh.
Lol random guess
and kate the chances are like 1 in 50,000
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
If it does she can adopt. We never quite know.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
How can you say that nobody knows what your going through? I've already admitted to having been in that position, I was 17 not quite the same but close enough.
I wanted it as well but having thought about it empathetically, I realised none of it was fair.
It wasn't fair on me, it wasn't fair on my parents, it wasn't fair on the father, it wasn't fair on his parents and most of all it wasn't fair for the child.
Can you imagine the complications that are involved, your not even fully developed yourself (oh you may say your an early bloomer) but you don't even have the body properly able to handle it until your at least 20.
Emotionally, as i have seen from your posts you don't seem to be ready, contemplatng suicide is a common symptom from people who really can't see things from other people's point of view, it's extremley selfish and I have to say quite bluntly, you are being extremley selfish.
I'm going to University in September/October, that is me...myself, nobody else £500 isn't gonna last a month.
By the time the baby is born you won't have anything, yeah sure the government will give you cash...but that cash is made by tax... tax that I and many other people have given the government in order to improve education, the NHS, roads, the futures for our OWN children not for people who are just going to be on benefits till their dead.
I know I'm being extremley harsh but sometimes you have to be harsh especially when there isn't just the one person's welfare at stake.
People who have children young arent necessarily on benefits for a prolongued period.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
for the 3rd time............ lisa, even if you have an abortion now, you can physically be pregnant for the next 30 years. What's the rush? You only set back your life if you have it now.
dylan plant
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lisa ST)
Dont know if you remmember me but i had a problem. Im pregnant at 14.

anyway i have told my parents and they said they would kick me out if i kept the baby. I was so devastated, they are really pressuring me. Can someone please talk to me.
I think you should have the baby then put it up for adoption.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If it does she can adopt. We never quite know.
yeah i know - it's not the same though is it? Just thought i'd point that out.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lisa ST)
That is sooo harsh,, but isnt it too late to have an abrtion if i am 4 months pregnant- im sorry anyway.
You can have an abortion up to 24 weeks.
There is no point saying that you are having a baby and then not having the slightest idea of how you are going to support yourself. Its selfish to the baby. They need 24hr care, baby things are incredibly expensive and you arent really entitled to much in the way of benefit until you are over 16. in fact if you are a minor and you leave home with the baby you will be the responsibility of social services. So find out what your options are and get yourself informed you need help £500 wont even last you a month, most bedsits ask for about £200 deposit and a lot of people wont rent to under 16s. You need to seek professional advice, contact socialservices, social security or an advice line and they will put you in the picture. The CAB are also good. Think about it, if you leave home without advice you will be putting yourself and the baby in danger. I'm not saying consider adoption but at least listen to advice and think about what is best for the baby that should be more important than what you want right now.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads