Transferring excel docs from old to xp Watch

This discussion is closed.
wallii
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi, I have received some files from an older excel version and I am running new in XP, how can I view these I have tried the text wizard and the external toolbar but am getting nowhere..........please help need these files to complete my work by Monday...thanks in advance Wallii
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wallii)
Hi, I have received some files from an older excel version and I am running new in XP, how can I view these I have tried the text wizard and the external toolbar but am getting nowhere..........please help need these files to complete my work by Monday...thanks in advance Wallii
I thought excel was backwards compatable? :confused: What version of excel are the files in? I might be able to save them in a format which your version of excel should be able to read.
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
I thought excel was backwards compatable? :confused: What version of excel are the files in? I might be able to save them in a format which your version of excel should be able to read.
I agree with meepmeep, it should be backwards compatible, but i think microsoft had some things on their site to upgrade the new 'word' for older versions when people complained it didnt work with the old format, so id try there.
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
or you could try recieving the data as a text file and importing ('get data')as a text file, i think the code for running it that way will be almost identical
wallii
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
or you could try recieving the data as a text file and importing ('get data')as a text file, i think the code for running it that way will be almost identical

Thanks I have tried the web site but have had no success, do you think it could be the file attachment, it ends in .pcx and I have never come across this before, can I change it? Thanks for your help so far, wallii
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wallii)
Thanks I have tried the web site but have had no success, do you think it could be the file attachment, it ends in .pcx and I have never come across this before, can I change it? Thanks for your help so far, wallii
That is quite cofusing because usually files ending in .pcx are files in the format of pc paintbrush (Zsoft, not windows), so how that is related im not sure. Are you sure its a spreadsheet?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads