The Student Room Group

Corporate Finance Vs Transaction Services

need some advice guys

ive noticed out of the big4 KPMG, Deloitte and EY have integrated corp fin service line with transaction services and restructuring.

BUT pwc still has separate programmes for Corporate finance and transaction advisory.

All 4 still offer ACA/CA on all programmes, so from that what would be the best to get into? (with the idea of getting into IBD at a BB).

I know kpmg are highly regarded in corporate finance but why the integration with transaction advisory and restructuring?

Anyone with any industry experience who could comment?
Reply 1
no one knows?
Reply 2
I work in CF at KPMG, and although the service lines are branded as one, and work closely with one another, they are infact seperate departments, and you will enter either CF, TS or Restructuring. How much scope you get do decide which one, I am not sure, as I transfered internally from audit.

In terms of going into IBD, I think CF would be better than TS, purely because I know more people who have done this than from CF than TS. Having said that I don't know that much about TS so I don't know if this is because of the skills you learn or just a coincidence.

There are also different departments within CF that all firms will have, i.e Mergers and Acquisitions, Global Infrastructure etc. So you would need to look into which you would prefer.

If you have any other questions relating to CF or KPMG, don't hesitate to pm.

Freeagent
Reply 3
Is CFA good for corporate finance in big 4?

Latest

Trending

Trending