This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
There's this girl who is about 2 seats along the row of tables from me and most of the time when I come into class, she always says 'Hi [my name]'. And at least once a week, she would ask me stuff like 'hows revision going or what did you get for your coursework'. I normally just give monosyllable answers. She's probably being friendly since she is a friendly person after all. What do you guys think?
yep, she is probably being friendly.

lou xxx
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
yep, she is probably being friendly.

lou xxx
Thank God for that!

(without any disrespect intended towards her there....)
Lbar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Does this work for girls you've already dated?

Please, I need to know, my ex is playing with my mind!
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm so fed up with boys always reading too much into things and thinking you fancy them or whatever. So many times I've just been nice to a boy in a purely Platonic way, and the start thinking I must fancy them or something. The same thing happens with other girls because I have guys saying all the time "I think she fancies me" or whatever, when they definitely do not. Then they accusing us of messing them around and playing games when we don't reciprocate.
Lurker
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
A girl fancy you if she "seems" not to like you.
A girl fancy you if she flirts with other guys in front of you. (y'know they want you to get jealous)
A girl fancy you if she gets shy around you.
A girl fancy you if she keeps looking at you (for some idiots, no, we do not think you're badly dress!!!)
A girl fancy you if she doesn't want you to know.
A girl fancy you when she is tough on you.
And last but not LEAST: do not ever watch another girl, you'd lose the "real" one!
Or, possibly -
She really doesn't like you.
She really likes the other guy.
She's just shy.
You've got a bit of food stuck to your chin.
She just doesn't want you to think she likes you, because she doesn't.
She's tough on you because you annoy her.
But the last one is true.

Look, there is no way those rules are going to be right every single time, ok? Maybe sometimes, but girls really aren't that straightforward. Sorry.
Percy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
There's this girl who is about 2 seats along the row of tables from me and most of the time when I come into class, she always says 'Hi [my name]'. And at least once a week, she would ask me stuff like 'hows revision going or what did you get for your coursework'. I normally just give monosyllable answers. She's probably being friendly since she is a friendly person after all. What do you guys think?
Go for it. Give her one for the lads my son.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
First of all, it's: 'A girl fancies you'

And secondly, that may be true with some people, but I personally wouldn't agree.

What would the point of making it seem like you don't like the guy.
Why flirt with other people? would just make it seem like you're not interested!
I'm not a shy person.
Okay, the looking at you one might be correct.
I would want the guy to know, so I'd flirt.
Why would I be tough on the guy...??
And your last point: Yes, stop looking at other girls! But actually, might make the girl jealous and like you more. Girls generally like the chase, even if they don't know it.
maybe because girls are stupid.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
um, if you like her, ask her out, whats the harm. If you don't you wouldn't be asking this question.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
I think you're right. A girl only fancies you when she says yes if you ask her out but where's the fun in that?
Some girls i know really fancy people but have a self destruct button that they push whenever they feel a relationship's going well. Maybe it's insecurity, who knows. Girls are weird.
Percy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
finally one who admits it.
mcgoa001
Report 16 years ago
hi percy. me and my mate have the same theory that women are just to complicated but if you think you know that much about then maybe you need to ask yourself the question who do you like more? men or women? know that much about women shows that you are in touch with your feminine side. if a woman flirts with your mates it does not mean she likes you because a girl that i used to like did that with my mates and she never liked any of us. if you know everything about women then what can you do if a woman that you like has her mobnile with her and she goes out and you try to ring her on it then another man answers the phone and you can hear the two of them making love whilst your on the phone whaty can you do?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mcgoa001)
hi percy. me and my mate have the same theory that women are just to complicated but if you think you know that much about then maybe you need to ask yourself the question who do you like more? men or women? know that much about women shows that you are in touch with your feminine side. if a woman flirts with your mates it does not mean she likes you because a girl that i used to like did that with my mates and she never liked any of us. if you know everything about women then what can you do if a woman that you like has her mobnile with her and she goes out and you try to ring her on it then another man answers the phone and you can hear the two of them making love whilst your on the phone whaty can you do?
jeez u have quite an imagination there
mcgoa001
Report 16 years ago
do you fancy her? if you do then why not try flirting with her instead of giving monosyllable answers! if you think that she fancies you then you will tell right away because she will either flirt back or start touchinbg you!
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Yeah I read that email

Girls are a headache. My interpretation is that a girl fancies you if she says so. If she doesn't say so it means she doesn't feel it's worth the risk of showing weakness.
Hmmm...i cant agree there coz we all know from experiance that women love to play games with guys minds....that is a well known fact. Plus ya gotta admit the fun is in the chase dont ya think???
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
Hmmm...i cant agree there coz we all know from experiance that women love to play games with guys minds....that is a well known fact. Plus ya gotta admit the fun is in the chase dont ya think???
and the chase is evn better wen u finally get them...

i never played games with guys, if i liked them i made ma mates tell em! haahaha im chicken poo...
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
and the chase is evn better wen u finally get them...

i never played games with guys, if i liked them i made ma mates tell em! haahaha im chicken poo...
Some people cant play games.....it takes alot of courage to lead someone on but i love it!! But yeah its DEF better than just saying i like you then u like me....i love the thrill of the catch and chase!!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
Some people cant play games.....it takes alot of courage to lead someone on but i love it!! But yeah its DEF better than just saying i like you then u like me....i love the thrill of the catch and chase!!
me and my bf were on the chase for each other for a whole 4 YEARS!!!! now thats a long time! well worth the wait tho...
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
girls are just confusing in general. They say one thing, mean a complete different thing and expect you to know what they really ment.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed