Turn on thread page Beta

Survey -Please fill in. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, are most people's pulse rates regular? My bmp is 72ish which is very good I think since I think that's the average, but while I'm measuring its skipping about like crazy...sometimes slow, sometimes very fast?!

ReputationRep:
    i don't mean to be boring here, but if there's a purpose for this 'survey', don't you think you're lacking rather a lot of 'scientific control'????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    Female

16-20

Non-smoker

47 beats per minute.
    Are yu sure?

ReputationRep:
    definitely i measured it with my heart rate monitor!! (i'm a swimmer hence my RHR is about right for the serious amounts of training that I do!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Out of interest, are most people's pulse rates regular? My bmp is 72ish which is very good I think since I think that's the average, but while I'm measuring its skipping about like crazy...sometimes slow, sometimes very fast?!
    it vary from person to person. it happens to me to don't know why. this might be self written but 'm going to say it anyway the best time to take your pulse is in the morning, just after you wake up. then you are relaxed and it will give the most accurate answer.

ReputationRep:
    well, in theory, pulse should be regular. Though I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    my RHR (i have to measure it everyday for my training log book) varies between 46-48 BPM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    my RHR (i have to measure it everyday for my training log book) varies between 46-48 BPM.
    that is very low. how many times a week do you practise?

ReputationRep:
    Female 16-20 Non smoker 70bpm

Surely you should include some questions about how much exercise people do in this survey? Also there's not really going to be a wide range of ages on this forum is there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    i don't mean to be boring here, but if there's a purpose for this 'survey', don't you think you're lacking rather a lot of 'scientific control'????
    Sorry, could you be more specific?

The thing with coursework, any mistakes made in collecting, anomalous results etc can be pointed out and explained later on in the analysis, which is something that will probably earn me marks (if I explain them properly) rather than losing them (I hope).

If I've really made a mess please point it out, I wanted to keep the data reasonably simple and to concur with the guidlines I have been given.

ReputationRep:
    Monday - 1 hour (in pool) 1 hour land training
    Tuesday - 3 1/2 hours (in pool) 30 mins stretching
    Wednesday - 3 1/2 hours (in pool) 30 mins stretching
    Thursday - 2 hours (in pool) 30 mins stretching
    Friday - 2 hours (in pool) 30 mins stretching
    Saturday - 2 1/2 hours in the pool, 1 hour core land training
    Sunday - 2 1/2 hours in the pool, 30mins stretching

so thats:
    17 hours in the water
    1 hour core land training
    1 hour land training
    2 1/2 hours stretching

add to that about 5 hours netball training a week aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    Monday - 1 hour (in pool) 1 hour land training
    Tuesday - 3 1/2 hours (in pool) 30 mins stretching
    Wednesday - 3 1/2 hours (in pool) 30 mins stretching
    Thursday - 2 hours (in pool) 30 mins stretching
    Friday - 2 hours (in pool) 30 mins stretching
    Saturday - 2 1/2 hours in the pool, 1 hour core land training
    Sunday - 2 1/2 hours in the pool, 30mins stretching

so thats:
    17 hours in the water
    1 hour core land training
    1 hour land training
    2 1/2 hours stretching

add to that about 5 hours netball training a week aswell.
    Wow, i'm impressed, well done for such determination.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.