What A levels should I take to become a music producer?

Watch
VanessaxRose
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I want to become a music producer and I want to go uni, but I don't know what a levels I should take, should I take Music Technology? I need some advice please? x
Staker
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Take all things musicy, get involved with low level music production (at your school/college). Experience will be more valuable than any A level when you are trying to get an actual music production job; it would also look great on your CV/Personal statement.
NathanB
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I would say, Music/Music Technology defintely, and then possible Business or English?
VanessaxRose
Rep:
?
How can I get experience? I have no experience with music technology, but I want to learn :|
DarkSenrine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My friend's a music producer and has zilch in terms of qualifications.

I imagine Music Technology would be the only quintessential one. If you're a talented amateur, not even that's needed.

Mathematics certainly can help - music is based on it after all.

English language for some more creative lyrics.

The fourth? Another topic you have a passion for, perhaps.
VanessaxRose
Rep:
?
how did they learn how to become a music producer?
NMC Records
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm 14 one of the youngest music producers in Britain take music technology but learn basics at home on course websites like coursea or future learn but it's a hard road to go down which takes dedication and practice mainly at home. Also music producing in terms of working for someone or your own business e.g.: your own studio. Also you need to think what genre. Great way to start is garage band if you have or mac or fl studio or Ableton (bit pricy) and get a midi keyboard and start YouTube videos also help. Then eventually you'll get better and better. If you want to know anything else just reply
Randomuserg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wat gcse’s did u take mate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads