Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bougeoursie_Roo)
    thats ruined my chances...
    GCSEs are only one of the many factors in the admissions' process. If you have less than 60% A*s but pull off a good BMAT performance and apply to a less competitive college you are still in with a good chance! PM me if you want any specific info on applying to study medicine at either unis and hopefully I can reassure you that GCSEs aren't the be all and end all

Plus this is only oxbridge we are talking about, there are plenty of other amazing medical schools out there so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Do they actually work? Has anyone had experience with taking them? Is there any other side effects? Any info would be useful.
    I have taken Prothiaden, dothiapen, seroxat, lofepramine, prozac, propanolol and motival, all have some side effects. Most tend to deal with hormone imbalance within the brain and try to level them out, thus helping depression. I find they only work if that is the cause of depression, am currently taking motival and propanolol and they seem to be doing the trick. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    I have taken Prothiaden, dothiapen, seroxat, lofepramine, prozac, propanolol and motival, all have some side effects. Most tend to deal with hormone imbalance within the brain and try to level them out, thus helping depression. I find they only work if that is the cause of depression, am currently taking motival and propanolol and they seem to be doing the trick. Hope this helps
    hmm...I have some proprenolol hydrochloride tablets perscribed to me but that is meant to be for high blood pressure. Is that a form of anti-depressant as well? It does mention being used for cardiovascular conditions and anxiety but doesnt mention depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    hmm...I have some proprenolol hydrochloride tablets perscribed to me but that is meant to be for high blood pressure. Is that a form of anti-depressant as well? It does mention being used for cardiovascular conditions and anxiety but doesnt mention depression.
    This was one of the first of the beta blockers and is most often used to treat hypertension, angina and abnormal heart rhythms. It is also helpful in controlling the fast heart rate and other symptoms caused by over activity of the thyroid gland and in reducing the palpitations, sweating and tremor caused by severe anxiety. It is also used to prevent migraine headaches. Because the drug can cause breathing difficulties it is not prescribed to anyone suffering from asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema. Like all beta blockers, propranolol affects the body's response to lo blood sugar and should be used with caution by diabetics.

I think I was prescribed it for anxiety as part of ongoing treatment with the anti depressants, also as I suffer with essential tremors in my hands, which is aggravated by the motival.

ReputationRep:
    I've had tranquilisers before now but I found them really brain numbing they did temporarily solve the problem. I use st. johns wort now (the doctor recommended it as an alternative to anti depressants) I do find them pretty good and convenient cos yyou can get them from pretty much anywhere but you do really need to check with the doctor before taking them.

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.