This discussion is closed.
Custard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Todays youth are growing up much faster than is necessary. I am, I'm so young in years but in the mind, I'd like to think that that I was a good 5 years in front, maybe not educationally but definitely in common sense. I put this down to the constant time I spend with adults and my older sister as I am in demand to show up to the dreaded family parties and ‘social events’. You may thinking that this girl does not have a life but my friends don't act their age either. We are not the only group of girls in the school to do so. Actually i think that over 70% of the people in my school try to me older. This is resulting into children jumping into bed with other children an men.
I think it is sick that a girl i know at the age of 12 slept with a male of 17 and now being 14 has slept with a 16 year old and a 18 year old, these are just the ones i know about as she sought from me advise because she thought she was pregnant. I am a virgin and am very proud of that fact but it is no longer a shock todays society for girls losing their virginity at as young as 13, actually around my area that is the average age. I think this is disgusting. They don’t understand sex. Of course people have their own views on sex and that is fine, but i see sex as an ultimate sacrifice that you make to so one you feel so strongly for, your are in love with. I have made a few of these statements on “pregnant.”

What are your views on sex and how fast our generation growing up?
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Todays youth are growing up much faster than is necessary. I am, I'm so young in years but in the mind, I'd like to think that that I was a good 5 years in front, maybe not educationally but definitely in common sense. I put this down to the constant time I spend with adults and my older sister as I am in demand to show up to the dreaded family parties and ‘social events’. You may thinking that this girl does not have a life but my friends don't act their age either. We are not the only group of girls in the school to do so. Actually i think that over 70% of the people in my school try to me older. This is resulting into children jumping into bed with other children an men.
I think it is sick that a girl i know at the age of 12 slept with a male of 17 and now being 14 has slept with a 16 year old and a 18 year old, these are just the ones i know about as she sought from me advise because she thought she was pregnant. I am a virgin and am very proud of that fact but it is no longer a shock todays society for girls losing their virginity at as young as 13, actually around my area that is the average age. I think this is disgusting. They don’t understand sex. Of course people have their own views on sex and that is fine, but i see sex as an ultimate sacrifice that you make to so one you feel so strongly for, your are in love with. I have made a few of these statements on “pregnant.”

What are your views on sex and how fast our generation growing up?
I agree, this generation does seem to be growing up a lot faster. I've noticed this as well. I also think that this generation are more intelligent than the last, and the last more intelligent than the one before that etc etc.

Many teenagers think it's "cool" to have sex, and just jump at the opportunity, which I don't at all agree with. Like you said, it should be done with the right person and the one you love.

So, the main conclusion is, this generation is growing up too fast and not always for the best due to their bad decisions about having sex so young. But if they're grown up to and have common sense, then there's no problem.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
I agree, this generation does seem to be growing up a lot faster. I've noticed this as well. I also think that this generation are more intelligent than the last, and the last more intelligent than the one before that etc etc.

Many teenagers think it's "cool" to have sex, and just jump at the opportunity, which I don't at all agree with. Like you said, it should be done with the right person and the one you love.

So, the main conclusion is, this generation is growing up too fast and not always for the best due to their bad decisions about having sex so young. But if they're grown up to and have common sense, then there's no problem.
I agree completely.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmmph, the youth in my area are so immature. I've noticed in my school that each year gets shorter and ruder.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Hmmph, the youth in my area are so immature. I've noticed in my school that each year gets shorter and ruder.
Yes, i know what you mean in year 7 i wouldn't have said Boo to a goose never mind a person in a older year, and yet they are calling people in year 11 'Fat b*stards' and such. Then get them in trouble when they turn and swing for the little ankle biters. I leave them be because they seem mentally disturbed to be doing that to a 6ft 2" lad when they are so short.
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I totally agree. I'm 18 and in the last year of sixth form and looking down at the lower years in our school they appear to be so much worse then we were at that age. So many of the guys in our year have girlfirends lower down the school which I don't think is really right. Theres nothing wrong with having a girlfriend a year or so younger who is over 16 and mature enough to make her own decisions but sometimes it just goes too far. A guy I know had a girlfriend who wasn't allowed out at weekends or late in the evenings as she was so much younger than him - what can those too people have in common? he could never see her!
The 15/16 year olds who I know all seem to think that the cool thing to be doing is having sex, to prove to the older guys that they are "mature" enough to be their girlfriends. They want to act so much older than they are and they think that having sex is the way to do that.
I've got nothing against causal sex if it's between 2 people old enough to understand what they're doing and not to regret it afterwards but when kids are doing it I think something has gone wrong somewhere.....
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, i know what you mean in year 7 i wouldn't have said Boo to a goose never mind a person in a older year, and yet they are calling people in year 11 'Fat b*stards' and such.
true......... they are getting increasingly self confident and 'chippy'. I barely wanted to reply to anything a 6th former said to me when I started secondary school - now they are coming up and talking to you when they see you. I agree with your initial post - and I think that sex has too strong an image in today's society. When films like XXX (12A) features raunchy dancing in skimpy tops, and 5 year olds go in to watch it, I start to worry. And people like Christina being the favourite pop stars of tweenagers - it is awful seeing 7/8 year olds wearing mini skirts that they should not be wearing for another 6/7 years...... what happened to the good old non-sexual world of Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl, and classic children's stories?
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, i know what you mean in year 7 i wouldn't have said Boo to a goose never mind a person in a older year, and yet they are calling people in year 11 'Fat b*stards' and such. Then get them in trouble when they turn and swing for the little ankle biters. I leave them be because they seem mentally disturbed to be doing that to a 6ft 2" lad when they are so short.
Yeah, when I was in year 7 I used to be scared of the sixth formers and look up to them but now the year 7s will quite happily swear at you etc as they would anyone else.

We sound like old people moaning about "the youth of today" lol.....
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This is all totally true, when I was 13 I thought I was ready for sex and then something really bad happened to me which turned me into a promsicuous little mamdam, at 18 now I regret it. I've done drugs I was snorting coke off the back of toilets at school in year 9 and I don't even live in a bad area. I used to get so drunk that I'd sleep with people and black out. I think my common sense kicked in one August night when I woke up to find myself asleep on the top floor of a snooker club with broken glass around me with a Freddie Mercury lookalike touching me up then to find out I'd tried to kill someone by smashing that mirror.
I regret my teenage years, but I don't as well. I used to be the most sensitive little twit ever and now I've got skin as thick as a rhino.
I don't know if we can ever stop kids growing up even quicker but seeing it from an adults perspective nowadays and hearing my 12 year old nephew talking about sex makes me feel sick, to me he is still a baby and he's already talking about snogging girls. It's the shame that has been bestowed to our society by our errors and the errors of us beforehand...forgot what point I was trying to prove here
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I also notice a decline in mental intelligence of people in lower years. Apparently they are dragging our school's so down, that teachers have been told to get their act sorted.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
i certaintly see that trend in my skool, year 8s/9s/10s are supposed to show respect to sixthformers but instead they're foul mouthed, rude, (i'm not sure about short...i'm not going to say anything since i'm only 5'3) and smoke, drink, take drugs in the park under our loving, astonished watchful gaze
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah I'm in a class with 16 year olds and every single one of them has a tattoo....I mean WTH!?!??!?!
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
yeah I'm in a class with 16 year olds and every single one of them has a tattoo....I mean WTH!?!??!?!
the year below us (year 12s) seem to have way too many piercings and a tendency to bring alcohol into skool - whatever is happening to the reputation of our school, voted recently one of the best states skool in the borough...dear dear...and there's innocent me
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nobody at my school had sex (bar me and my best friend :rolleyes: ) but everybody else was a crackhead
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Nobody at my school had sex (bar me and my best friend :rolleyes: ) but everybody else was a crackhead
So let me get this straight, you had sex with your best friend?
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
So let me get this straight, you had sex with your best friend?
all kinds of crazy things happen when ur drunk
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
all kinds of crazy things happen when ur drunk
that's why you try not to get drunk...how many times have i told you guys alcohol is bad - you could try alcohol anonymous...
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
the year below us (year 12s) seem to have way too many piercings and a tendency to bring alcohol into skool - whatever is happening to the reputation of our school, voted recently one of the best states skool in the borough...dear dear...and there's innocent me
Try being a prefect... lol great fun on monday mornings to tell the little ****ers that they can't get into the hall at break... (sorry bout my language but they are)
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The scary thing is that she hasn't replied. Implying that it is true.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did you hear about the 11 year old who raped a 9 year old girl?

That was just so sick it was unbelievable.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (213)
67.83%
No (101)
32.17%

Watched Threads